• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 will not post; maybe a memory problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Farwalker2u

Just got a NF7 (not a NF7-S). No beeps, no post!
I'm useing components that I know work in other computers (2100+ Tbred, 3 different brands of DDRAM single sticks of 512MB, 2 Ti4200 graphics cards, Antec 400 PSU).
I have tried 512MB of Corsair CMX512-3200C2 (aka XMS PC3200 CL2), 512MB of Geil PC3500 CL2.5, and 512MB of OCZ PC3500 EL. I tried the ram in each of the DIMM slots. Tried the each of the ram with the graphics cards, you know how many variations this ends up being . . . whew!
Oh, also disconnected the hard drive, floppy drive, and the CD drive to take those out of the testing.
The red light on the board lights up, the green light lights up, all the fans are running . . . . .

I suspect that this board suffers from memory incompatability. Guess I need to go get some cheap slow ram to boot with.
Anyone have another diagnosis??

With that many memory tests, I find it hard to believe it would be the memory. Try everything of yours with another board. If it works, then RMA the board

Forgot to say in original message that I cleared CMOS several times. I also put in a new battery on the board. The original one tested at 2.9 volts.

I have read on some forums that this board has problems posting with low latency ram.

So I am going to try some cheap ram, say . . . PC2100 CL3 no name stuff. Invest another $30 before RMA. Hope to save a week waiting for a board back from Newegg.

Update

Just tried a 256 MB stick of PNY memory PC2100 (Says SpecTek on the green plastic part). Board still not posting. Time to RMA.

Sure wish quality control was better so dead boards did not ship.

Back