• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ Onboard Lan Problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nymph

Has anyone heard of any problems with the onboard lan and this board? What I mean by that is, a DSL connection losing bandwidth over time and the modem/router having to be reset to get back to normal speeds?

I understand it can be a variety of things to look at (and I am), but I'm wondering if there are any known issues with this in particular?

Thanks...

nYmph

Last edited:
I gave up on the onboard LAN, if I use it NONE of my other network cards will function, and it will not work with my NTL cable modem at all.

Whereas if I use a cheepo £9 10Mb/s card it works fine, so no I use a NetGear 100Mb/s for my LAN and a cheepo 10Mb for my cable, and disable the onboard completely.

glock19owner said:
That sounds more like the modem getting ready to go out more then the OB Lan...

I was wondering that as well.... So, the symtom that I derscribed is classic for a dying DSL modem?

Thanks..

nYmph

i have had problems with my onboard lan i also just stopped usung it my problem was that it was only working at like 8mb/s rather than 100mb/s and considering my computer is a file server that is bad....

Back