• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp Readings Accurate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sumwut_damaged

Registered
I have a MSI KT4 Ultra mobo and i wanted to know if the the sensors were reading accurately....
Also...in the BIOS there's this option for "Termination Voltage" could sum1 tell me wut that does and if it should be set higher or lower?

green
HiI saw a great article in the overclokcers.com, it that m/c he has put a 120 mm fan to the cpu cooling! WEll it's seems to be great to me because i've same mobo like you and i feel they are giving wrong temp mesurment but anyway it's too scary digits like 55-62 C!! So you betta also tr that cooling mod to the processor. I wonder all the MSI got this high temp probsame with thei combo mobo where you can use ddr and well as sd-ram. I changed that obo thinking it's a prob but also KT4V also the same. I think Gigabyte is better in there! Hope you will get somekind of help from me.

Not sure what termination voltage is, but I might be able to help with your temp problem. I have a K7N2G-L and my temp readings in the BIOS are exactly 10 degrees Celsius too high. This is not a faulty Winbond chip, but rather the work of MSI offsetting the actual temperatures. I tend to rely on MBM5 for accurate Winbond readings.

Back