• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Supposedly version 1004, but you'll get different opinions. Are you having any particular problem?

yeah I can't seem to get 200 fsb ................it will do 195 but not 200. I have that memory from hardcorecooling.com that was rated at 6-2-2-2 @ 200mhz so I dunno what my problem is. I would love to hit the 200 mark thats why i got this board. Oh and I have the JIUHB xp1700.

what version of the asus do you have? Mine isn't the 2.0 so i'm not sure if that 1004 will mess it up or not.

What is the difference in the Uber Bios and the non-uber bios?

Search the Asus forum at www.nforcersHQ.com for posts by Demoulous, he is the "Uberizer" of these bioses. The ubers open up options in Bios that Asus doesn't allow, different timings, different voltages, the list goes on. He also packs the better SIL SATA bios in with them incase ASUS left the bad versions.

Running 217 Mhz FSB right now with the 1004 Ver...
The sad thing is that the sound disappear after a while... So I'm going to lower the FSB until the sound stays...

/Norrko

Or you could put a heatsink on the southbridge chip since I hear that It will get warm. Think I read that that was the problem......too much heat for the soundstorm chip.

-=A][A=-cazman said:
Or you could put a heatsink on the southbridge chip since I hear that It will get warm. Think I read that that was the problem......too much heat for the soundstorm chip.

I've already done that and I've put a peltier on my NB as well..
Here's the link to that project...

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196221

It's a shame that the soundstorm give up as I could run it far beyond 217 FSB... But I want the sound... No sound in game... How the heck would you know when they sneak up from behind in CS.. ;)

/Norrko

I am think about making an order for some case fans. Most likely from SVC (unless X-Hour is good tonight). What chipset cooler should I be looking for? I will be ordering 2 or 3 coolers. I need one for my A7N8X deluxe as well as for my two 8RDA+'s. Any help would be appreciated.

Ohh.. forgot to tell you.. The SB don't even get warm.. somewhere between ambient and ~37 C.. or lukewarm (is that the right description?)

/Norrko

OK, ignore the number of stars I have here 'cause this is a noob question without a doubt! Which is the northbridge and which is the southbridge? I have a 8RDA+ as well as an A7N8X Deluxe. I am more interested in the cooling of the Asus board as it is in my main rig. But the 8RDA+ is in my home entertainment PC as well as in my expermental PC (win server 2k3 or linux, or win 2k, etc.

THX

The Northbridge is the one closest to the CPU as it takes care of AGP, memory and so on... The other large IC is the.... Hmm let me think... Southbridge... ;)

/Norrko

Back