• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead mobo, will MSI replace?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fubulg6000

Has anyone gone through MSI's RMA process? Do they accept boards with bad capacitors? Thats what happened to my fairly new k7n2g-l. I was so mad that this is happened. I was able to get it to post for a little while but it died soon after. Corrupted my hard drive too. I LOST EVERYTHING!!! Gave me a bad kernel error when it tried to boot. So its gone, and i'm mad. So... back to the question. Has anyone gone through MSI's RMA process? Is it quick or slow?

No i havent but i too am having problems with my board. I have had two boards now that after i have cleared the CMOS they would no longer post, i just get a blank screen, can't even get into the bios or anything.

I wonder how many other people have this problem as well?

Check the 4 capacitors right next to the socket to check whether a tiny amount of some brown substance has come out. That was the case of mine. An MSI email told me that they would replace it, but when i sent in an RMA request through fax i never received anything. I'm sure i'll get it though.

Back