• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Nvidia Drivers Corrupt!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EspElement

new nforce 2 chipset drivers do not work with BF1942.... they come up with a CD error.... BECAREFUL, there maybe more problems with these new drivers.... I ADVISE ALL TO INSTALL THE ORIGNAL DRIVERS.... there could be more problems with them....
besides, what was srong with the first ones?
plz take my consideration, and watch out.....

EspElement

the ide drivers from nforce 2.41 are bad, dont install them. Now there is a 2.42 version without the ide drivers in the package.

I installed the 2.41 drivers, hoping to solve an IDE/SCSI problem. After installing them, almost any jpeg/gif I open in Quicktime won't open due to "being corrupted", pics I've taken with my digital camera and I know opened fine before these 2.41 drivers.

Question: I downloaded the 2.42 drivers and just ran them. How do I know the IDE drivers are gone? I can still go to device manager and get all those new tabs (Primary/Secondary Channels) for the IDE controller, and my image problem is still occuring.

Your help is appreciated, TIA

I'm pretty sure you will need to uninstall the 2.41 first to get rid of the IDE driver and then install the 2.42. You should uninstall and then re-install the 2.42's that should fix the problem.

That sounds like good advice. I was wondering why the install instructions don't say "uninstall all previous drivers" or something to that effect. :)

I'll give the uninstall a shot once I have some spare time.

Back