• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fridge Compressor Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

K finally got it out, Im a very new to phase change systems but hey i had this thing and i was not going to let it go to waste :D, Expect many questions from lazlo!

DSC00723.JPG

DSC00726.JPG

DSC00728.JPG

DSC00729.JPG

I just ripped apart a mini-fridge last night and I got pretty much the same setup. Keep me updated with your project and I'll do the same man.

So far from what I have read LRA 3.6A ain't exactly strong but a good start.

It looks like ya cut the line, I just left that big metal piece attached. Figured I would just make a resevoir and stick the metal plate in the water to chill it, what kinda plans do you have?

LOL. you can buy evaporators that are basically a tube that liquid passes through, and chills that way. or you could do the most common way of puttin the evap in a res. but since you have the tube cut i'd get (or make, have made) a CPU block evap, and do a direct phase change system.

Please elucidate Warlord. Why no 24/7 using it as a chiller in the resevoir type scenario?

i just got an ac compressor that is huge and the evaporator and the condenser are massive, and i plan on making a water chiller why does it matter what size resevoir, will the anti freeze just get to cold

well I dont think the compressor is big enough to hold the load like you might have to turn the computer off and let the liquid get cold and then you can turn the comp back on again. With a LRA of 3.4 the compressor is very small. Im guessing around 500btu-700btu. You will get much better temps going direct die however if you want to try the chiller method be my guest. With a big resavior you can chill the liquid at night and it will be cold by the next morning when you turn the comp on again. If the res is big enough it will last all day. I think one or two people here is doing this right now.

Back