• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do my (temp) #'s stack-up ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXenViRii

sup comrades , im needing to get your professional opinions on how things are looking ... right now my WC system looks like this :

-Maxi-jet 900
-1/2" ID piping
-Swiftech MCW372
-Ford Heatercore (aluminum)

The flow pattern goes like :

rad>pump>WB>rad

I keep reading people getting temps in the 30's and low 40's , i want those kind of temps too :D . I run folding@home for good ol' 32 at 100% and my temp right now is 50C . Sandra has reported during its little burn in program , that my cpu (athlon tbrid 1400 running at 1650) is putting out ~100W (is it the watts of heat it puts out ?) .... if thats right , then some math tell me that ...

room temp 28C (ahh florida)
cpu temp 50C
-------------------------
diff 22C
watts 100W
------------------------
C/W is .22

a C/W of .22 seems pretty dam good , but i want temps like you ! Whats not right ? Is it not having a res ? Tell me , whats the secret !

I keep reading people getting temps in the 30's and low 40's , i want those kind of temps too .
As often noted, it is not really useful to compare temps between different mobos (different methods of reading temps, inaccuracies in the reported temps, etc). Even the same motherboard will give wildly different readings with different BIOS versions.

Compare only to your own results (with that motherboard) and with others who have the same model and processor.

Back