• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$50 chiller for you guys!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnLoadeD

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=1-1302&catname=electric

Thought some of you guys might like this deal. I haven't done anything more extreme than watercooling yet. I really don't look forward to fighting condensation, but I might have to grab one of these anyway. Seems to be a steal to me. I have a 12v pump coming today from them, it the Johnson one, you guys might wanna check it out while you're there.

peace.
unloaded

Last edited:
It may not be in stock by the time i get it but you can hope...

I dunno 1,331 left!

I will post an article on my website if i get it.. But it will be used as a water chiller.

I cant post the site on the forums because that would be spam. Just send me a PM if you want to know the adress and read the site.

well the compressor does 700btu, thats pretty low for a chiller but it should work, just wont get you great temps. If the price stays or xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx receives his I will order myself one but untell then I bet its a typo. Just a new compressor is well over $100 and they have everything there so they are loosing a ton of money.

Uhh

700??

Where the hecka re you reading this??!!

And i got it mostly just for compressor...

and i dont think they were loosing...

i think they got tehse for 20 bucks... look in description..

"Originally built as a desktop soda fountain, we are selling the cooling system and other parts they contain. Use for custom built refrigerator compartments in mobile homes, wine coolers, electrical equipment cooling, etc."

I bet it was some type of company gone wrong and out of business so tehy bought thier chillers that were going to be used for soda...

But i hope its not a typo...

1,330 now ;)

and 700 BTU sounds REALLY low for that... ic ant find where u see it... :/

Humm

Compressor is 1/12 hP...not exactly manly...

But it might do just for some nice old waterchilling ^_^

I cant find 700 btu though! waht are you seeing that i am not!

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.a...er&keyword=WGMF

BTW those guys have some nice flow meters for pretty cheap!

And average btu for like a SMALL room air conditioner is like 5000 at low end... that irks me 700 btu..

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...atname=electric

I wonder how loud it is

::edit:: moved all my crap to one post ::/edit::

Last edited:
1/12hp = about 700btu's. It would work just fine for direct die sense I think vapochill uses something like that but a waterchiller isnt such a good idea with that small of compressor.

meh..

I dunna if i will try DIY phase change...

i might just try it as an aid to watecoling and then if i feel risky i will tr DIY phase chagne... im not exactly srue how to go about gutting a working phase change loop and hooking it up and such... kinda sketchy on that..

I'm pretty sure its not a typo, that price has been listed for over a week and they've sold quite a few of them since then. I got my Pump from them today. Packaged real nice and took 3 days. Haven't tried it out yet, but the specs seem really good. It's actually smaller and heavier than I expected. Best of all I can run it off my psu. I still haven't ordered one of these yet, but I probably will get one.

peace.
unloaded

I picked one up as well.

This would work fine as a water chiller or for cooling peltiers.

I just hope it isn't too loud either :rolleyes:

btw: Truck Freight means the trucking company charges upon delivery...I just went for UPS Ground.

im lokin at gettin one, i just owe my bro 200 still... i really want one! you will see better temps with active cooling on the condensor. it would make GREAT direct die for chipset or vid card.. lol that would be BA....

shipping is going to be atleast $25, prolly a lot more though. thanks for telling us that Tweakmeister. That made me make up my mind. 1/12hp compressor is not worth that much.

oh yeah the thing should be just about silent depending on how fast the fan is. The compressor shouldnt make a noise.

Back