• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vendors ship to Canada via USPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ohalexis

Registered
I'm looking for some online stores in US that ship to Canada via USPS,did you happen to know any?

My last purchase using Fedex was terrible,they charged me CDN35 brakerage fee for a case,not mention the tax,WTF!!!I'll never use Fedex and UPS again.

Some stores are willing to ship via USPS if you ask (although they say UPS or FedEx on their site). But in most cases, they take no responsibility for missing or damaged packages, since USPS isn't as reliable internationally. So there are some risks.

BTW, you'll have to fork over the tax no matter what. Even if they ship via USPS, Canada Post will charge a $5 handling fee and take GST/PST (or whatever your province takes). You can't run away from the GST, but you could avoid the provincial tax if you buy from another province.

I ship USPS and 99% of customers don't get hit for any tax.. I do tend to put low value and it comes from me personally not my business... UPS brokerage fees are beyond a joke... They charged some poor guy $36CDN for a $30 order and they broke the freakin cathode !!!!!

jabtek said:
I ship USPS and 99% of customers don't get hit for any tax.. I do tend to put low value and it comes from me personally not my business... UPS brokerage fees are beyond a joke... They charged some poor guy $36CDN for a $30 order and they broke the freakin cathode !!!!!

Lying on the customs declaration is a no no. ;)

There are good and bad for putting a low value. Yeah, it'll help avoid taxes, but if the package gets damaged, Canada Post's insurance will cover only that low value. And customs is a real pain in the butt; if the value is too low, they'll open the package and declare a new value for it -- that'll take a good few days of waiting. :mad:

BTW, any gift worth under CA$60 is tax-free. Any non-gift worth under CA$20 is tax-free.

And the CA$5 handling fee that Canada Post charges is actually the same thing as the brokerage fee that UPS charges (except UPS rips you off). They're charging for the paperwork that needs to be done to clear customs.

Back