• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My (not so) new Antec case finaly watercool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

morphling1

Hi everybody long time no read :)
As I'm lately beeing very bussy at work my silver blocks water cooled Antec case suffered big slowdown. But last week I finaly put together my second watercooled rig. This rig main goal is to be quiet and still offer some good cooling.
One reason it took me longer is that I had to make new silver block, my previous version had slightly too narrow channels for my pump so I had it remelted, and then go with slightly modified original MK4 design.
MK4S%20001.JPG

MK4S%20002.JPG

MK4S%20005.JPG

As I also got a chance to make north bridge block out of silver for free, I also did that (wouldn't want color inbalance in my rig :D)

001%20Bloki.JPG

Next I install block on my Abit NF7 mobo

005%20blok%20pritrjen.JPG

008%20bloka%20instalirana.JPG

One of main highlight of this case was Dodge Viper's beautiful hand made Chavette heatercore, his work on the shrouds and fittings is just unbeliaveble. Thanks again

Here is how it looks combined with two panaflo 120mm fans.
012%20dv%20core%20001.JPG

013%20dv%20core%20002.JPG

014%20dv%20core%20003.JPG

015%20dv%20core%20kabli.JPG

Thanks, some more pics

Here is the blow hole in the front of antec case:

010%20120mm%20luknja.JPG

And here the core firmly bolted to the case.

016%20dv%20core%20instaliran.JPG

And a little more :)

One close up of the blocks running

021%20Blocks%20closeup.JPG

And here everything finish and running without any problems :D

018%20Vse%20instalirano.JPG

What's left to be done, some custom cutted side window of course :)

Hey, nice work!

I have that same pump. How in the heck did you manage to get the tubing over that output port!?!

Is that a custom barb in the top of the rad for bleeding? How does it work?

Hold on...solid silver water blocks? How on earth did you afford the raw silver to make them? Is it real low quality silver, or do benjamins just fall out of the sky and into your hand?

ThePyro said:
Hold on...solid silver water blocks? How on earth did you afford the raw silver to make them? Is it real low quality silver, or do benjamins just fall out of the sky and into your hand?
Raw silver is NOT that much $$$. About $5 an oz. or so. I'm guessing that his block is about 10-12oz. The real ??? is, how did you get the silver melted into a blank?

thats so damn nice man!! u have such a talent, sell ur designs to a company and get some $$$ :D

also what temps do u get with that setup on ur cpu in ur sig.

Yeah this setup looks beatifull.
Congrats on the wonderfull work morphling1
Dodgeviper was right about morphling's block it looks incredibly well made indeed.
Me thinking of getting one :D

@nikhsub1
What problem do you see in machining silver?

Hey, great setup you got going on there. Good luck!
But there is something there that intrests me in particular...

Your pumps looks to be a Maxijet. I am tring to run mine inline too, could you please drop some tips/directions on me about putting the tubes over the inlet and outlets? I heard that these pumps are also more prone to failure when not used in a submurged enviroment, do you think you'll be safe with your pump setup?

Thanks!

nikhsub1 said:

Raw silver is NOT that much $$$. About $5 an oz. or so. I'm guessing that his block is about 10-12oz. The real ??? is, how did you get the silver melted into a blank?

This was not my work, but the work of experienced jeweler who melt and got me silver the first time. And yes silver is not extremly expensive, but I definetly wouldn't go with it, if I haven't got it for free :)

iNSiGMA said:
Hey, great setup you got going on there. Good luck!
But there is something there that intrests me in particular...

Your pumps looks to be a Maxijet. I am tring to run mine inline too, could you please drop some tips/directions on me about putting the tubes over the inlet and outlets? I heard that these pumps are also more prone to failure when not used in a submurged enviroment, do you think you'll be safe with your pump setup?

Thanks!

Yes the pump is Maxy Jet 1000 L/h, I use them in both my rigs for more then two years inline 24/7 without any sign of failing.
Putting 12mm ID silicon hose on 16mm plastic inlet fitting wasn't too much of a problem, just need to aply some force :D

@KLowD9x it is restrictant, but not too much, block work very well even with lower flow

Chief_Wiggum said:
Hey, nice work!

I have that same pump. How in the heck did you manage to get the tubing over that output port!?!

Is that a custom barb in the top of the rad for bleeding? How does it work?

The 90 degree elbow that is soldered to the top of the tank is used for bleeding air from the system. It replaces the T fitting found in all other systems.

Morphling1, glad to see you made use of the shrouds/core I built you. I was beginning to think you did not like it, LOL. Your placement of the core is how I had my setup in the same case before I relocated the core to it's present location. Great job.

Another image of Morphling1 outstanding water block installed and working flawlessly............

Side_View_New.jpg

Back