• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[pumps and noise]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epion2985

Registered
can anyone recomend a good pump with decent gh while being silent? a decent price would be nice too as I am not too rich at the moment ^^

btw are there any mb out there for athlons wuth dual ddr chanals? if not will they be avalible anytime soon?

does anyone know the noise rating of a Danner MagDrive 3 ?!? I'm getting one myself and I don't want it to be louder than my fan...

Dood this is the watercoolig section :rolleyes:

Ask these questions in the motherboard section of the forum ;)

No offense :eek:

I have the Danner Mag 3 Installed in My cooling system. You cannot hear it over the low noise of the system fans.

BTW I am very pleased with the performance of the Danner Mag drive pumps. I wouldn't use anything else now.

:D

Rokk1972 said:
I have the Danner Mag 3 Installed in My cooling system. You cannot hear it over the low noise of the system fans.

BTW I am very pleased with the performance of the Danner Mag drive pumps. I wouldn't use anything else now.

:D

How long has it been running ?!?!

well if you cant her it over the system fan noise thats still not silent. Just pretty quite. Grr, I dont know what to get, Danner Mag 3 or Eheim1250....

I have the Eheim1250 Pump and have a low level hum and small case vibrations.

I going to move the pump to an external box.

I think all pumps have a hum, but if you can't hear it from a couple feet away then most people consider it silent. I have a Mag2 that I can't hear unless I put my ear 2 feet away from it. I have run a Hydor L30 and a Mag5 in my setup as well. The Hydor started making an awful racket after a few months, turned out to be a broken shaft, but I picked up the Mag2 from Petsmart($30) to run while I waited for a replacement and never switched back. The Mag2 has almost identical specs as the Hydor but pumps a bit better, as well as being quieter. I tried the Mag5 just for kicks but it's noise level was too noticeable for me, though still not bad.

If you're between the 1250 & the 3, I would recommend the 3. Check the specs, the Mag3 is a stronger pump. And cheaper too.

Watch22 said:
I have the Eheim1250 Pump and have a low level hum and small case vibrations.

I going to move the pump to an external box.

Get yourself a piece of thick foam, the stuff that comes with the motherboards is fine.
Use velcro to hold the foam in place and another 2 pieces of velcro to hold the pump against the foam.
No more vibrations i can assure you ;)

Back