• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the beginning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MD

Just wondering...
Does anyone knows when and how this watercooling thing started?
Who was the brave who tried it first?
What did the first kit looked like?
Etc...

lol but a good question

what about the big inning? maybe it started with a baseball game

I think it started back in the early 80's but didn't become widespread with ocer's til the mid to late 90's. By the way Cray was I believe the first to start liquid cooling. (He builds(t) the Cray supercomputers)

Watercooling was in the very first computer (eniac). The inventor would be quite old (or dead) :eek:

I've been watercooling for nearly 4 years now, but no, I didn't invent it.

The first I heard of it was back in the 90's I think when a forum member of HWC forums named TNproud2b water-cooled his dual celly rig, It would appear very ghetto by todays standards, but was all homemade using copper plumbing fittings. I must admit when I originally read a topic about it I had to go back and re-read it 3 more time because I couldn't believe anyone was mad enough to have water running through their PC! Now look at me with 8 custom made water blocks inside my own PC :p

I know TN didn't "invent it" but its more a question of when you yourself became aware or it and what was the source?

lol, the 1st time discovered it was here at the main page, when i 1st saw it, only about 2-3 months ago i seriuosly thought the person was crazy! it was so damn amazing to me... and it looked so good, having tubes and **** runing throu ur computer with water everywhere!

as for who started it? i dunno, but hen again, who invented the internet? ;) its just one of those things :D

Back