• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

funny story

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

specific

i work at CompUSA, sales
they have had this Koolance case for ages, but today someone told me one was being prepped for display in the tech shop
he told me 'cause he knows i watercool:)
so i waltz up in there, and one of the managers is there with a corporate sales rep, and i say, "ahhh, the koolance". the sales rep looks at me and asks if i have water running through my case (with this smart *** tone) and is a little set back when i say "yeah, but it's not a little wimp box like this" then the manager says "we can't all be cool like you" so i said "sure you can, now get out of the way so i can do this the way it's supposed to be done, you have air trapped in the lines." then the sales rep says (in a different tone) "yeah, i tried to tell him that. we were just asking ourselves what kind of dumbass would watercool their computer" so i said, as i left the tech shop "one who overclocks, and turns a hundred dollar chip into a five hundred dollar chip. see you scrubs later"

it will be interesting to see how this saga unfolds.

yeah ok secound to that story i am at epo (small electronics outlet in houston with insane prices HIGH)
anyways i am striking up a conversation with one of the techs
the part i remember is him saying yeah i didn't use any thermal paste or (buble gum/thermal pad) and i fried my amd 1ghz cpu
then i ask him you build other peoples computers though right
he replies yeah and we also fix them
never gonna let them touch my computer especailly when i learned they wanted like 80bucks just to look at it before they told me what was wrong

wow Specific, that whole conversation sounded particularly nasty. Do you have a bad history with either of these two guys? And the sales rep guy basicly just called you a dumb ***, now that's professional :rolleyes:
You should have said to him right there "are you implying I'm a dumb ***?" Most people will back down immediatly once they see you'll actually get in their face about something.

Nasty.

During my 8 month stint at St. Viencents hospital (Birmingham) My boss paid me a $200 bonus one month for blasting the good, but rediculously slow and sometimes totally on the wrong end of the plank IT guy for our PIV desktops's running slow...

Duh they all were overheating and throttleing back. Then they'd work and the IT guys would be jackarses. Took a "real geek" to set it striaght.

Duh 1/2 of them were in closed desk drawers with no airflow. This was also true with every single PIV computer in EVERY single hospital room. (patient or otherwise, they struck a deal with HP and got their hands on a crapload of slim desktop 1.5/1.6G's, good deal)

The parts were all fitted inside rollout drawers mounted on walls.

Me, being the true geek and the hero of the story, fixed the problems in our office with a 6C hole saw and some old 60MM metal 120V fans I found online.

Got that idea from my monitor mod where I was insipred by a great 6 year old mag and a 7 month old Sony dieing pre-mature from heat, only to see it was pre-mature from heat. Used a 60mm 120v metal housed sunon fan from the power supply of an Apple IIGS. Still spins quietly to this day!

Hey guys, keep in mind most people in chain computer stores
A)can't get hired anywhere else for the money
B)really really want a break on buying those CD's they love ;)

I can't tell which reason I like more ;)

JML said:
wow Specific, that whole conversation sounded particularly nasty. Do you have a bad history with either of these two guys? And the sales rep guy basicly just called you a dumb ***, now that's professional :rolleyes:
You should have said to him right there "are you implying I'm a dumb ***?" Most people will back down immediatly once they see you'll actually get in their face about something.

no no no
it's nothing like that. these guys are cool. well, relatively speaking, as compared to most of the staff there. the conversation wasn't ugly, just had some smartass comments, but nothing worth arguing about.

on with the saga..............

today, they fried a 9700pro:p

guess that serves them right for talking smack, huh

another thing........ they don't carry nforce2 boards yet, the one in this box is an msi, notorious for reading high cpu temps
not good for showing off a watercooling rig
i mentioned this to them
but tomorrow, i'm going to rub it in their faces;)

hahahahahahaha
it gets better

turns out they fried TWO 9700pros as well as the MSI mobo

ALSO

another manager decided to personallY assemble an acrylic case
(wouldn't let anyone help out)
she assembled the side both inside out and upside down, so the 80mm fan grills are up by the power supply, not over teh pci slots where they should be.

BWAAAAHAAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!!!!

specific said:
hahahahahahaha
it gets better

turns out they fried TWO 9700pros as well as the MSI mobo

ALSO

another manager decided to personallY assemble an acrylic case
(wouldn't let anyone help out)
she assembled the side both inside out and upside down, so the 80mm fan grills are up by the power supply, not over teh pci slots where they should be.

BWAAAAHAAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

OMG!!! 2 9700 PROS AND AN MSI BOARD!!! GIVE ME ONE OF THE 9700 PROS FROM STOCK BEFORE THEY RUIN ALL OF THEM!!!

Toysrme said:
Nasty.

During my 8 month stint .......

Got that idea from my monitor mod where I was insipred by a great 6 year old mag and a 7 month old Sony dieing pre-mature from heat, only to see it was pre-mature from heat. Used a 60mm 120v metal housed sunon fan from the power supply of an Apple IIGS. Still spins quietly to this day!

Hey guys, keep in mind most people in chain computer stores
A)can't get hired anywhere else for the money
B)really really want a break on buying those CD's they love ;)

I can't tell which reason I like more ;)

what was your monitor mod?

okay, these people u work with got to be dumbasses, i have an msi mobo i guess thats why the temps seem too high too often? do you know how many degress i subtract to get an accurate reading?

=================================

wana hear something funny, my neighbour who I usually trouble shoot her computer problems, payed me 5$ to plug in her mouse!!

haha!! the lever of incompetence is really begining to scare me....

run_ovr_sqrl said:
i have an msi mobo i guess thats why the temps seem too high too often? do you know how many degress i subtract to get an accurate reading?

=================================

well, that depends
could be as much as 10 degrees
which board do you have?

oh yeah..............WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

Back