• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purified or distilled water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therudyq3

just curious...I read some posts here suggesting to use distilled water...

ermmm at the grocery store, puriied water is like a buck while distilled water is like 2 to 3 bucks....

what's the difference and does it matter which I use?

Yes it matters! Purified water can mean many different things... Pure of bacteria and harmful items but not necessarily free of minerals, which are actually good for us to consume but not good for running in radiators and WB's etc. Distilled water is free of ALL solids, minerals etc. Get distilled water.

The water from your de-humidifier is the best Distilled Water you can have. Its free and very pure, free from all minerals

Actually it can be used in normal car radiators.
I know distilled water is cheap to buy when why waste the water that your de-humdifier purifies :D

WTF? Distilled water costs only about 89 cents/gal in the local
stores here. Find a new store. And, yes, use distilled water.

GoingH2o said:
The water from your de-humidifier is the best Distilled Water you can have. Its free and very pure, free from all minerals

Actually it can be used in normal car radiators.
I know distilled water is cheap to buy when why waste the water that your de-humdifier purifies :D

:eek: :eek: :D :D :)

You're NOT kidding? I have water from my dehumidier all the time... hehe if this is true..you just saved me 3 bucks woohoo!!!

Its not for the 35cents dood :p its a pitty to throw away that purified water.

I just added a yellow UV Dye to my watercooled setup and it looks very nice.
After testing 2 different types of distilled water the dye had a better effect with the water coming from the dehumifier. Dont tell my why but it looked very glowy. This could be due a lot of reasons since Water-wetter was added all the times and it gives a really nice effect with the dye. :D

Back