• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(shaking) Maze3 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

I turned my comp on ran to the bios and saw the core at 72c I slammed the power off, retightened the block hold down and hit the power. after three seconds everything turned off. My asus has that COP heat protection so I hope that it was the thing that kicked in. I was using the nyolon (SP) hold down, I have never used them before and obveously didn't do a good job. Should I order the steel hold down or should I check at some local shops for the steel hold downs to see if they have any? Any resources of how to put these hold downs on. Any insperation....:)

tighten them all up again, start over.
make sure you tighten them up evenly, do it in one corner noting how many times you turned the bolts, then do the same in the opposite corner.

how much id you tighten them? did it feel secure?

you did use some thermal paste right?

Ya I lost my actric silver but I found a small tube that comes with a heatsink and figured it should work just fine (I hear only a 1-2 c difference) One problem is that my hoses are so big. They are 1/2" ID pretty thick sides and then insulation all around them. They are pretty hard to manuver. I will try taking everything down and retightening the block. (I am running a chiller, so hence the need for thick insulation)

WOOOOOHOOO!!! It was the temp diode that was making the block only touch half of the core. Fixed it. now the bios reads 0c. Now to clean up and write 2 papers and finish a weeks worth of college german....(crying) I will post pics and stuff later in the week.

maybe the problem could have been that you had it on backwards? It will only touch the core if you orentate it one way. The mounting holes are offset to one side because the block is like 2.15" wide. If put on one way, it hits the cam box, if the other way, it works great:)

Back