• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clear bay res..3/8 or 1/2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsspewer

xoxide is offering this bay res: http://store.yahoo.com/xoxide/bayre3ba.html at a discounted price. But the one w/ the 1/2 barbs is full price. Anyone that's seen or has this bay, are the threaded drill holes for the barbs differant sizes? or are they just using an adapting barb and then claiming you'd have to buy the 3/8 or 1/2 seperatly?

reason i ask, is cause i'm not worried about obtaining barbs..if i could get the discounted 3/8 barbed bay and take the barbs out, replacing them w/ 1/2 barbs, it would be great, but without modifying the predrilled barbed holes. Save a few bucks.

yea well..didn't hurt to ask..but if i can save $4 on this.. $5 per cable, $7 per fan (5)..and then there's lot's more i'm doing major bargian hunting on..it all adds up in the end to a one night dinner for a girl ...lol :) just saves me quite a bit in the end..

dude, I was thinking if getting that same res after mine blew. all you'd have to do is get some 1/4 npt plastic barbs (not brass, you'll crack it) and bore the inside of the barbs out to 1/2".

Back