• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bying Barbs and connectors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iNSiGMA

Basically, I have checked Homedepot and they are outta stock. The only store I have left to check is Lowes and if they don't have the barbs and hose connectors I need I dunno what I'm gonna do.

So I come to ask you, in case I can't find any locally, what are some online stores that sell these barbs (copper and plastic) and still accept Paypal, because thats where all my watercooling money is and I don't have a credit card.

Let me know, k? Thx

Look under plumbing supply stores in the Yellow pages. They should have anything you need (almost).

I really don't understand why people have to be so literal. Although I didn't know where you could buy them that accepts Paypal (try http://becooling.safeshopper.com/), I gave you the help that I could. I think that if you try hard enough you will find your barbs. If you have both a Home depot and a Lowes, then you will have a plumbing supply store.

Anyway, there was even more help for you. I think I saw a paypal ad last time I was on becooling's website that I listed above.

....wanders off muttering about ungrateful people always trying to be literal and...

Look at this picture, specificly the area circled in red:
attwood_mod_tubing.jpg

If you look closely, you will notice that the tubing goes into the inlet of the threaded-end of the plastic barb, and within in the tubing, at the top you can make out something more plastic which seems to be holding the tubing in place, which is circled in green....

What kinda barb is this we are looking at?

Thats the insert that goes into your tube so the quick connect holds

Last edited:
Thanks for telling me but, geeze, you didn't have to come at me with the rolling eyes thing...

Have you taken your water cooling sys apart?assembled it?built your own?then you would know what they are and what they do?jeez the roll eyes thing was just in jest(always remember rule #64)stop taking yourself so seriously;)if I offended you none was meant

Ok, thanks all.

Does anyone here know if I can use JBWeld to weld crome fittings to the copper pipes of my radiator?

Yes indeed. As long as you get the barbs to fit inside, then you can do that easily. Mine is set up that way.

make sure you sand it (roughen the surface) of the inside and outside of the two pieces being joined I swear by JB weld:D

insigma-I edited my post to do away with the sarcasm,I should not have of messed with you like that :D

Back