• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What else do I need? Thanks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWISM

Registered
CPU = MAZE3
9700 PRO = Danger Den GeForce4/Radeon 9000/9700 Pro Block
Reservoir = 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir
Pump = Eheim 1048
Radiator = Black Ice Pro

This will be my first setup, I still need to find out all the fittings I need but is this a good start as far as what to get?

Ok, most everytime someone mentions a black ice radiator we must tell them: "Just use a heatercore, much cheaper and works just as good. The only reason to use the black ice is if you can't find a heatercore small enough to fit where you need it."

You still need hose clamps, tubing, fan for radiator (if you don't have one already), and an anti-corrosive additive.

Can you use a reservoir w/ the 1048? I don't know much about Eheim pumps. Or are you going to use the res as an air trap?

DeathONator said:
Ok, most everytime someone mentions a black ice radiator we must tell them: "Just use a heatercore, much cheaper and works just as good. The only reason to use the black ice is if you can't find a heatercore small enough to fit where you need it."

You still need hose clamps, tubing, fan for radiator (if you don't have one already), and an anti-corrosive additive.

Can you use a reservoir w/ the 1048? I don't know much about Eheim pumps. Or are you going to use the res as an air trap?

Ok, I will look for a heatercore. I didnt know I wouldnt be able to use a res with the Eheim, is this just because the way they are made?

I really don't know if you can or not. I don't think that eheim is submersible and even if it is I don' t think it will fit. BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. I'm using a cheap maxijet 1200.

Someone who knows this 1048 and the bay-res, please post on if you can use them together and how you would.

Edit: You can buy the chevette heatercore at a local auto parts store for around $20, and make yourself a shroud for it. dtekcustoms.com sells one w/ a shroud and 1/2" barbs on it for $55.

I assume you mean THIS ?

On the Res I guess I didnt know that you had to have a submersible pump, All the pics that I have seen dont show a pump inside the res...

So basically for feeling and bleeding your system you could either use a T line, or the bay-res for an air trap. The T line will be much cheaper and probably work just as good.

As for the heatercore, yes, or there's the unpainted one for $47. But you may just want to buy a heatercore locally and make a shroud.

Back