• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rotron Fan Shroud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caeberos

Yes, I realize other people (Hoot) have made some awesome shrouds for this fan.

My question is what materials can I use that are strong enough to support this fan? I have almost no tools worth mentioning. I have a Rotron Major (or whatever the 12v model is).

Tools I have:
Exacto Knifes
Hack Saw
JB Weld
Marine Goop
Screwdrivers, (other household stuff)

Thanx in advance

I made a shroud for a 172mm fan (non rotron). I just got a sheet of stainless steel sheeting. I forget the gauge I got, sorry. It holds it fine. I ran the sides all the way down to the ground, flat. So that helps stablize it. To cut it just use a descent pair of snips.

You probably still have questions after that... Hey, I'll post pics tommorrow!

I used a piece of acrylic and bent the sides with a heat gun. The top and bottom are acrylic I shaped to fit with a hacksaw and file. I glued the pieces together with sealent similar to marine goop.

DCP_1475-1.jpg

For my shroud I found some duct tape, wrap wrap wrap... Works great :D

The fan is so large that it covers most of the Heatercore's surface area that the only difference I'd get from a real shroud would be a few degrees difference.

Thanx, i am probobly gonna try what bender did, but i am gonna start out with cardboard and duct tape :cool:

I used 1/4" smoked plexi for my original shroud. I was going to switch to a custom fiberglass shroud, but ended up switching to a 120mm on 1/8" smoked plexi in the case it was going to go in.

Back