• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's return policy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmayer5431

I purchased a cpu for my computer that isn't supported by my motherboard. I tried canceling the order the very next morning, only ten hours later, but Newegg ships fast!

Anyone know Newegg's policy on refusing unwanted packages from Fedex? Will I be able to get a full refund, without a restocking fee? I feel guilty since it's understood that this was my own mistake, and certainly not Neweggs.

Unfortunately, the Memorial Day holiday is making it impossible to contact Newegg, and the package is due to arrive on Wednesday! So I really appreciate any advice given.

Thanks.

I don't imagine it would be a problem. I'd call up their customer service and set up a refusal, then make sure that when FedEx arrives that either someone is there to refuse the shipment (and knows to) or that you leave a note for them giving the tracking number and saying that you need to refuse the shipment.

Just a little update. I was able to get in contact with Newegg yesterday. They told me to refuse the Fedex package, and it is a common practice. There will be no restocking fee, no charge for shipping, and my credit card will take approx 1-2 weeks to be refunded.

I've made many purchases from Newegg over the years without a single problem. As a company. Newegg continues to exceed my expectations. With such great policies and products, and fair prices, Newegg will continue to get my business. :)

Back