• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have a CAD drawing? no copper? no problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGhengisKhan

BANNED TROLL -Per Silversinksam
One time offer, and only one block per person.
I have a 1-1/2ft, 3"wide, by 1/4" thick bar of copper stock.
I also have one day of unlimited acess to a CNC machine.
I'm only going to be using about 6" of this bar for my personal use, so this leaves 1foot of unused copper bar. Any one that has a CAD design and wants it milled up for them, send me a PM. Like I said, only 1 foot of unused copper, First come - First served.

[edit] * 2D drawings with paths drawn in would be the best, and any designs that cannot be used right away will be discarded, i will not do any editing * [/edit]

Last edited:
howly crapola, thats quite an offer! have you gotten around to making that block I sent to ya?

Jon

What are the limitations of ur cnc? A ww would be nice but can u do 1mm channels?

Edit: Well...assuming u can, and teh shipping is under 20 bucks. Heres my cad design, if u want the actual cad file itself, ill email it.
yahaha.GIF

Id do the red line first with a 1/4 bit, then the yellow, with a 1/16 or smaller bit , thanks dude, this is awesome. the outer holes are exactl mounting possitions

Last edited:
JFettig said:
howly crapola, thats quite an offer! have you gotten around to making that block I sent to ya?

Jon

Not yet, it's one of the 3 blocks that take up the first 6" of the copper bar.

Let's put it this way, this CNC machine is about 10ft tall, 6ft wide, and 16ft long. If you can have it on a CAD file, it can pretty much do it. Or I can put it this way, the block I'm having made will have 2mm of copper on the bottom of the block :D This is a mil-spec CNC machine (accurate down to .00001 inch) email me the .dwg file and I'll let you know if your block is going to be made (within a day or 2) so you can send the shipping $

well, i have no idea how to make a CAD drawing, but if you still have copper and wouldnt mind just whipping up another block for me of whatever design it would be sweet. i am still in the R&D phase of my first W/C set-up, so any block would kick butt.

Same boat as WejRepus...I have no clue how to do a CAD drawing, but if someone could lend me one that I could use so I could get my watercooling up and running...I would be very happy. :)

Im a newb at cad to, its not hard to do, just gota find autocad. Anyways, awesome ill email teh dwg to u, maybe ill do some refine ments, and maybe u want the different cuts on different drawings? justa thought

the different colors for the different cuts would be fine, he can select individual lines, and set paths that way. You guys really should see this thing, I may take my camera to work just to get a couple shots of this CNC, lol.

If someone could come up with an accurate CAD of a WW, I could make a couple of them (but only if Cathar comes in this thread and says it's ok with him, I don't wanna take any possible profits from him)

I'm sorry guys, I forgot a very important part of the first post.
since I'm fairly limited on the amount of copper that I have, I prefer to make only one of each block that I recieve a design for. This is so that I can get feedback on these designs from the people I make them for so that I can better understand what types of blocks work better, and what makes them better.
I will not be accepting any "I want one of those too" requests.
The one exception to this will be if Cathar gives me permission to duplicate the WW block, and if someone can come up with an acurate (Cathar approved) duplication of it.
An easy way around this is to get your hands on a copy of AutoCAD and draw up your own design and submit it to me.

altec said:
How is this?

Looks pretty good, but I gotta ask, what's up with the "Star of David" on the bottom of the block?

And remember, I'm working with 1/4" thick copper not 1/2"

[edit] * oh yea, and I prefer the type of drawings like Mikeonatrike posted above, that would include the mill paths, not just a concept drawing ( makes it much easier on my friend, he doesn't have all day to sit there drawing paths for 5 or 6 blocks ) * [/edit]

I am not too sure...I got it off of a website that said anyone was free to mill the design if they wanted to...so I took them up on the offer. I am not too concerned with it being perfect...exactly as the design has it, I just need a block ASAP to get my watercooling up and running. Thanks for your time, and sorry for the mix up with Mikeonatrike's design.

*bump*
I've only gotten 2 usable designs so far (expecting at least 1 more by end of the day)
I need these designs by next Tuesday (the 3rd of June, 2003)
I know how rare an offer like this is. If anyone has more than one design they'd like done, I don't have a problem with this, but I want to limit it to 2 per person, but if you have 3, please list which ones you'd like most to have (listed 1, 2, 3, etc) in case I don't get enough submissions in time, I'll be able to make more.

Back