• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my P4C800 toaday and so far this....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nomjr

If your not pushing it, why are you here?
got my P4C800 today and so far this....

is where it's at:
280 asus.bmp

Does this look about right? So far still at stock voltage and had to go up with mem voltage a little bit. I can't believe how nice this board is. I've never owned an Asus board before, but won't hesitate to recommend them now:D

edit: a water chiller unit for the temps you see there, 17c idle and 22c running prime for 3 hours so far ;)

Last edited:
gotta love this board. btw what ram u using? killer cpu temps :)

Thanks jd. Well comparing the two boards, I think that it was much easier to get to this speed currently than it was on the IC7. I really like the IC7, but after looking at the XS forums, I'm not the first guy to lose two of them boards. There is a guy there that also had two go bad, and same circumstances as I.

He was running prime95 and high fsb and from what he said it's a mosfet that is bolwing out. I'll get another IC7, but might wait to see if they find the mosfet thing as a problem and make a new revision...maybe...

AZN- I'm running two 512 stick of corsair xms 3500 in slots 1 and 3. BTW, how far did you go before the volt mod?

So far really really liking this Asus board and going to push it a little more at 5:4 mem then maybe go to 3:2 if there is more room left.

Funny how that I will always remember one thing that bill a said, watercooling is here now, but water "chilling" is the future. I have 2 systems on water and one on the chiller. So much nicer not having to worry about cpu temp when oc'ing (I like the chiller) ;)

Last edited:
Nomjr said:
Funny how that I will always remember one thing that bill a said, watercooling is here now, but water "chilling" is the future. I have 2 systems on water and one on the chiller. So much nicer not having to worry about cpu temp when oc'ing (I like the chiller) ;)
Where did you get the water chiller?

hey Nuttz, it's for sal t wat er aquairiums. I had a buddy that had it for over a year in his garage when I was standing there and thought hey, that might work.

I've seen them on the net for anywhere from 400-500. Sure I could get a prommie or vapo for a little more, but I only paid 200 for it and in all honesty I could run at least two comps off it no trouble. I'm not sure what I have the temp rheo set to, but I know it's not even half way and it cools my one comp no problem.

So I might try cooling another one later. This is just to get me through the summer anyways as I hated to have to run my wall unit constantly to oc my machines. Probably go prommie after summer, after all it is the next step up right?

Ok, settling at 280 for now. I did try 285 @ 5:4 is a no go with relaxed timings and any cpu volt setting. At 3:2 I can go to 295 with a cpu volt bump to 1.575. 300 is a no go at any cpu voltage even 1.9:eek: and super relaxed timings and mem volts maxed(2.85v I think) Time to volt mod it? From the looks of it I should be able to get a little more at 5:4 with the mod. Maybe? AZN? Anyone?

ive heard corsair can handle 3.1v pretty easy so if u can do that im sure ur ram will do ddr466 with good timmings.

my buffalo pc3700 did like ddr420 range but after the volt mod it can do ddr480.

Thanks for the reply AZN. I did the volt mod yesterday after seeing your post ;) I only had time to test it at 280 5:4 for 448 and my mem scores are up now over 6100 in sandra. I'm running the mem voltage at 3.05(2.75 setting) as if I go to 2.95 it wont get into windows.

One question, how hot is hot for the mem? I noticed after going over 3v on it, they seem pretty hot to the touch anyways. I'll see if I can get into the 285-290 range later today. Thanks again for the pics and how to for the volt mod. :)

Back