• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody used this before?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbiePerson

I saw a watercooler for a processor over at computergeeks.com for $70 or so. I thought it looked pretty decent if someone doesn't wana spend the money on watercooling your entire system or buying a new case... So has anyone had any experience with this cooler? Also, would it be worth getting over my current vantec aeroflow?
Thanks

Oh no dont even waste money on this $hit
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WATERCOOL-KIT

Qouting from the website:
If you've been searching for the ultimate gift for the overclocker in your life, this could be it! This CPU Water Cooling Kit comes with a cooling block that attaches to Socket 370, Socket A, and Socket 478 processors, so that hardware freak can use it with whatever motherboard (s)he is overclocking at the moment!. This kit comes complete with mounting hardware for the cooling block, quality silicone hoses with coil spring inserts (to prevent kinking and collapse of the hoses,) and even extra gaskets! Hurry before these are all snapped up!

All this talking but there is no pr00f so that comes to nothing.
Without proof nothin is worth considering.

There is thread going on $60 watercooling, look trough it and you might be watercooled in days :)
You just need good tought and a little patience ;)

I love this part.... "Aluminum base, copper fins, and clear plastic top" why dont they just call it the "Energizer" :-/

I've read a few tests on that setup and they all point the same way. Bad. It would be better imo to get a good aircooled heat sink before getting that.
Good luck in your quest! and post pics when your done. I'm still planning and I'll get some pics up when I'm "done":eh?:

Maybe I'm wrong, but that looks an awful lot like the kit reviewed HERE to me......

By that review it doesn't look too bad although it won't be competing with the best systems around.

Personally, I am waiting for the new DTek White Water block ;)

rogerdugans said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but that looks an awful lot like the kit reviewed HERE to me......

By that review it doesn't look too bad although it won't be competing with the best systems around.

Personally, I am waiting for the new DTek White Water block ;)

Yeah, they gave it OK performance so why call it ABSOLUTE crap?

Atleast it cools, and when it comes to someone who is tring to get their system quiet rather than cold. Its almost a steal. Don't sit there and say something like the block will crack or the pump will crap out.

Back