• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BE7 - BH7 - P4B533 Which would you prefer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward2

I am looking for a good overclocking but cheap P4 mobo, and would like to get some more experienced peoples' opinions. I was wondering what people thought of the Abit BE7 & BH7 mobos and the Asus P4B533 mobo. I'm not concerned about having SATA, Firewire, RAID, or on-board LAN. I would like to get a mobo with FSB, PCI/AGP lock, CPU voltage, DDR voltage, etc. adjustments.

I have looked at the mobo manuals for all of these boards and they appear to be pretty similiar with respect to overclocking options. The 2 Abit boards only have +5%, +10%, etc. CPU voltage options, whereas the Asus board has .025 voltage adjustment. The BH7 supports 800 MHz FSB from what I saw, although that is not a concern for now.

I am planning on using a P4 2.4 GHz SL6RZ CPU and 512 MB of Corsair XMS 3200 memory. I would like to get over 3 GHz, maybe even 3.2-3.3 GHz, out of this setup.

Any comments regarding these boards, or other similar boards, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Edward2 (P4 newbie)

Well I decided to try my luck (fingers crossed) and bought a refurb BH7 from Newegg. It was only $49!! Hopefully I will get lucky and get a retail box with the accessories.

Back