• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DTEK WW FOR SALE (advanced sale cooltechchina) W PRICE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eaglescouter said:
What did the original WW cost from Cathar?

At the time, and given the MUCH better international exchange rate that presently exists, the block was priced at about $75-80 US complete, and at about $55-60 incomplete (lap, polish, and bolt it together yourself). Shipping, exchange rate fluctuations, and international currency exchange rate fees typically meant that a USA person was paying around $95-105 delivered to their door.

Here in Australia it was costing around $80 US shipped locally.

Sadly, the USA dollar has lost about 25% of its value against the Australian dollar in the last 6 months.

Put my name on the waiting list for one once I saw this posted. I hope to have the money available to buy the thing and build my first watercooled rig by the end of summer. Have to get my wife and I into the house we're building first. From what I've read here, there isn't another block around that can touch it. Congratulations Cathar on your block finally hitting the market.

Ken

Sadly, the USA dollar has lost about 25% of its value against the Australian dollar in the last 6 months.

good for you bad for us is what i say :)

eagerly waiting for one of these to be placed in my future cooling setup

one question though would this setup work alright?

1 large res
feeding 2x maxi jet 1200 going parallel
each maxi jet flows into its own chevette core /mustang core not sure which
then they get combined into a Y connection that heads into the lrww (am now on waiting list) then comes out from block and heads into res
i know it is prolly overkill but the two loops are for asthetics not because a second loop would increase performance

i have a question reguarding would i burn out a pump becuase of soo much pressure etc?? first watercooling setup
thanks

gizxmo said:
---------------------------
good for you bad for us is what i say :)

Not if you're an exporter. It's horrible. Unless you had more than 25% margins, you're now operating at a loss compared to 6 months ago. If you had 25% margins, you now have 0% profit. A lot of Australian export companies are hurting. Good for consumers and importers, bad for exporters.

This is just the self-balancing cycle that the global economy does.

What it is not a P4 waterblock or and or come with an adapter for them? wtf, why do they never sell the good blocks for the p4's, i dont understand why they, and others, are turning there back on this market, and if they have a p4 setup you know they have some cash laying around for a good block.

Wow...I hope I get in on the first go...my watercooling project has been put on pause because I wanted the best block...

Keeps me fingers crossed..

_Siph

dagamore said:
What it is not a P4 waterblock or and or come with an adapter for them? wtf, why do they never sell the good blocks for the p4's, i dont understand why they, and others, are turning there back on this market, and if they have a p4 setup you know they have some cash laying around for a good block.

DTek have a universal P4 to Socket A adaptor plate that they sell. Allows any 4-hole socket A block to be attached onto the P4 adaptor plate.

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/product.asp?3=97

yeah the price is not bad, too bad I don't have that kinda cash at the moment. I'll get it once things settle down and they have a constant stock on hand...

dagamore said:

If you go to cooltechnica's waterblocks page, you will see a listing for the P4 WW.

link

WOOT all signed up. I can't wait. I've had everything all set up in my box for a month just waiting the water block :p

Does it come with 3/8" or 1/2" barbs?

Does it come with a Y adaprer?

Not too pricey considering the tc-4 is $50 + $7 for the p4 adapter.

Back