• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

0 ohm water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
here they have submerged their rig in transformer oil as it is nonconductive. It works ok, but..... eeeeh, well the oil has a high vescosity, so its hard to pump, and it mixes bad, so you get hotspaot around your cpu or whatever. If there was a fluid of water like vescosity that was dilectric then it would be an awsome cooling setup.

btw, if you chillt he oil like they did the vescosity rises and it even gets worse.

OH! I remember an article where thye submerged the board in to flourent, ins nonconductive. haha , that one was funny, they used liquid nitrogen to cool it, they did it in steps as to not strees the physical hardware material, they dumped a bunch of dry ice in it, then started pumping the flourents through a spiral submerged in a tub of lq nitrogen, then they just started poaring the nitrogen in to the flourent i think, once the temps him -30 05 -50 the fluid in the capacitors froze, haha, and there went the board ^^

Ugh, do a search on sumbersive computing. It's much harder than you think, not worth the effort, and dosen't produce results as well as other forms of extreme cooling...

One of our members on the board has good experiance with it, but I forget who.

Oh I am not gona try it or anything, my friend just asked me if it was possible so I asked here. ya I ment just nonconductive water.

0 Ohms?
lol you dont wanna use that, thats 0% resistance, or 100% conductive.

you want water thats 100% resistive.
Distilled water is considered to be non condutive, but if you dont keep it sealed then it will dissolve some air in it and become conductive again.

there are some chemicals that remain non conductive, i think flourinert (-sp?) is one of them.

Back