• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

something to improve WB performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's like air going through a heatsink... It's not how fast or how much is moving through it. It's how fast and with what pressure is it hitting the sink LoL!

High pressure in heatsinks is gooood. This is why the damned deltas did so well. They were compact and not only moved a lot of air for their size, but they created a much higher pressure than most fans made even today.

Toysrme said:
It's like air going through a heatsink... It's not how fast or how much is moving through it. It's how fast and with what pressure is it hitting the sink LoL!

High pressure in heatsinks is gooood. This is why the damned deltas did so well. They were compact and not only moved a lot of air for their size, but they created a much higher pressure than most fans made even today.
This guy obviously knows well. I can tell.
Very good. I saw you in the other thread and posted some good stuff.

yep... Pressure = Good.

yeah, pressure= good, but to how much pressure you can get out of that, no, probably nothing noticeable, probably loose performance. You would want the smaller hole in the actual hosebarb.

Jon

AlucardCasull said:
i was browsing xoxide, and i saw this puppy.. http://www.xoxide.com/bl1to3re.html If you were to put that at the intake, would it improve performance since the water would be pushed threw the smaller hole, so it would go faster when it hits the block. just an idea, wadda ya think?

If the narrow portion of the barb outlets near the base of the waterblock, it very well may help. (Depends on the design of the block.)

Here is a graph from this BillA article.

462CW.gif

As you can see, in the case of an MCW462 block, reducing the inlet diameter can substantially improve the performance of the block. Higher water velocity is the reason for the improvement.

Toysrme,

The pressure a fan can produce across a heatsink, and the airflow through the heatsink go hand in hand. There is no such thing as a fan that will cause a high pressure differential across a heatsink with low airflow. (or low pressure differential and high airflow.)

Back