• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROFESSIONALLY done waterblock testing. (satisfied?) Cheap!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
Hey all

I am posting this cause i am about to invest a few thousand possibly into gathering equipment to test waterblocks. Before i do such iw ant to know if there is are enough memebers wanting thier blocks tested to justify the costs.

for DIY cblocks i would charge 30 dollars and for commercial blocks i would charge 70 bucks.

Tell me if you are interested and if there is enough interest i will go out and finally track down the parts needed to test em.

thx

how on earth are you gonna test if you havent run a watercooled system? You have no idea what goes into testing waterblocks. trust me. Its not what you think. Joe the one that posts all the heatsink performance tests is doing what bill was doing.

tell me what you know. tell me what your plan is.

Jon

JFettig said:
how on earth are you gonna test if you havent run a watercooled system? You have no idea what goes into testing waterblocks. trust me. Its not what you think. Joe the one that posts all the heatsink performance tests is doing what bill was doing.

tell me what you know. tell me what your plan is.

Jon

I have had around 10 water cooled systems man.

I dont run wtercooling on my main rig though.

I have been around watercoolign for the past two years.

I am still reading on all of Bill's methods of testing and i am still trying to draw up the most efficient way of doing such.

My main goal is just to break even with the blocks i review and add some more content to my site really.

I hav ea pretty good idea of how to go about things however i am stillr eading through articles of bill's and suich to try to get fthigns fine tuned.

If someone wanted their personal block tested, couldn't they just put it in their watercooling system and test it themselves?

anvil82 said:
If someone wanted their personal block tested, couldn't they just put it in their watercooling system and test it themselves?

This is to do C/W and such

Not just testing normal temperatures. This is for thigns taht billa used to do and is used to compare blocks to other blocks accurately

I would like to hear your total plan, because trust me, its really difficult to do. Im doing some testing of my own on my computer. Its a lot of work, lot of stuff to monitor and keep track of.
Im not testing to the extent of bill, but Im testing to a good extent. calibrated on die diode. water and air temp. instead of doing same flow, Im doing same pump to compare how it is in real life. I currently have 2 blocks, getting 2 more really soon(should have had them by now) Im not gonna share much more untill I get some results out.

Jon

JFettig said:
I would like to hear your total plan, because trust me, its really difficult to do. Im doing some testing of my own on my computer. Its a lot of work, lot of stuff to monitor and keep track of.
Im not testing to the extent of bill, but Im testing to a good extent. calibrated on die diode. water and air temp. instead of doing same flow, Im doing same pump to compare how it is in real life. I currently have 2 blocks, getting 2 more really soon(should have had them by now) Im not gonna share much more untill I get some results out.

Jon

When i proposed such an idea with everythign controlled iw as pretty much laughed me out of the thread :rolleyes:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=199350&highlight=tested

I KNOW its going to be hella hard. ANd i am still trying to accumulate an exacting way to measure things correctly . And it WILL Cost around 2 or so thousand dollars.....

dude, Ill advize you not, but you wont listen to me.
so listen to this:

Think hardcore on this for at least 3 months.

JFettig said:
dude, Ill advize you not, but you wont listen to me.
so listen to this:

Think hardcore on this for at least 3 months.

I have been contemplating such fro the past 6 months. But since bill was still there there was no need.

right now i know that my testing procedures will be accurate.

I am currently asking a teacher that works only in thermodynamics and such about accurate means of measure. I KNOW my procedures willb e accurate and all i am trying to find out if there is a market interested in it. If there is great i will set it up and add some revies to my site. If there is not oh well i tried.

Many people around here are so sceptical. I think that you will have to outline your meathods before you will be taken seriously. You will have to show a real background of knowledge with a willingness to share it (hopefully not force it down people's throats like the last tester). I'm sorry, but respect is earned on these forums. I doubt trust will come easily to you without showing off your knowledge a bit.

That being said, I would be interrested. Even if it wasn't the MOST accurate test. For that price, it'd be worth it to me. Assuming you'd be using a simulator as opposed to a CPU.

Shroomer said:
Many people around here are so sceptical. I think that you will have to outline your meathods before you will be taken seriously. You will have to show a real background of knowledge with a willingness to share it (hopefully not force it down people's throats like the last tester). I'm sorry, but respect is earned on these forums. I doubt trust will come easily to you without showing off your knowledge a bit.

That being said, I would be interrested. Even if it wasn't the MOST accurate test. For that price, it'd be worth it to me. Assuming you'd be using a simulator as opposed to a CPU.

2k dollars of testing equipment.. of course id be using a simulator ;)

I think Bill once said he had something like twenty thousand invested and there were still things he could not accurately quantify, (I remember the tim joint giving him problems for months). Without a die simulator you will be wasting your money on any other measurment devices for flowrate and temp sensors.

Man, you just don't give up.

gone_fishin said:
I think Bill once said he had something like twenty thousand invested and there were still things he could not accurately quantify, (I remember the tim joint giving him problems for months). Without a die simulator you will be wasting your money on any other measurment devices for flowrate and temp sensors.

Man, you just don't give up.

No i dont. And i told you several times i will have a die simulator.

Now all you need is the years of experience to match the "PROFESSIONAL" heading of your advertisement.

"Self taught journeyman, just starting out" would be more appropriate.:D

gone_fishin said:
Now all you need is the years of experience to match the "PROFESSIONAL" heading of your advertisement.

"Self taught journeyman, just starting out" would be more appropriate.:D

:rolleyes:

I have taken a thermodynamics class for the past year.

i have been with watercooling for 2-3 yrs +

Yes i am just starting out in this itself but everyone has to start somewhere. And i am offering the professional type of results with a die simulator

Only a professional will get a "profesional type of results", this is true with most any endeavor.

Before people spout off how this is harsh and go all touchy feely, why is this not considered trolling for coinage?

gone_fishin said:
Only a professional will get a "profesional type of results", this is true with most any endeavor.

Before people spout off how this is harsh and go all touchy feely, why is this not considered trolling for coinage?

I am trying to find out if there is an interest in it. If there is not i wont do it. i wont waste 2k + dollars.

I am doing the research and i am learning everything possible. Professional is in reference as compared to doing just a cpu test itself without a simulator

I am posting this cause i am about to invest a few thousand possibly into gathering equipment to test waterblocks.

AKA I just bought another kickass computer and a chiller for it and I'm really excited, but spent my money on that monitor instead of buying my own block!

Na just joshing with ya man... But I would only send a block to BillA, sorry! I know your name, but the name dosen't say honesty and thoroughness in testing like BillA dose...

It's all a Rep thing so don't take offince! Ya gotta build one up and be a major part of the community before anyone takes you seriously.

Remember... 95% of the people here and everywhere else in "internet land" have never met in real life.

There-hence-forth I doubt anyone would trust you with their priceless creation of a waterblock + $30 + shipping. Sorry, it's not insulting, it's just how the world works LoL!

You cannot honestly advertise profesional waterblock testing when you do not have the equiptment or the manhours using the stuff (if you ever do purchase it).

Now come back with the equiptment and skill to use it and you will have a very different sort of discussion. Yes there is an interest, but only if done right (you must show that part, not just say the correct terminoligy).

gone_fishin said:
You cannot honestly advertise profesional waterblock testing when you do not have the equiptment or the manhours using the stuff (if you ever do purchase it).

Now come back with the equiptment and skill to use it and you will have a very different sort of discussion. Yes there is an interest, but only if done right (you must show that part, not just say the correct terminoligy).
I say let him **** away $2,000. I am also building a test bed. But certainly am not going to lable it a professional one. Pretty much have all the parts for die simulator. Have a hydrothruster 525gph variable GPH pump. Just need a decent flow meter and some good thermometers. Will certainly be good enough for my own blocks I make, but I would have reservations about doing someone else's. Especially if they were paying you. Hardest and most expensive part to a professional testbench will be the water temp controller. That will take up a good chunk of your 2g's alone.

Back