• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 and Zalman CNPS 7000 cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dust bunny

I'm probably going to get a P4P800 soon.
And I wanted to find out if the Zalman CNPS 7000 cooler fits the mobo.
There are quite a few capacitors next to the cpu socket. Not to mention the angled HS.
It doesn’t look like it would fit.

Thanks.

hmmm... the board layouts between P4C800 and P4P800 are different:

P4C800
p4c800_l.jpg

P4P800
p4p800-d_l.jpg

I am about to get the P4P800 and Zalman CNPS 7000 but I am concerned about clearance. So, does anyone have P4P800 and this huge heatsink?

Thanks,

I knew about that page. But since the board is new I didn't know if was up to date.

The HS does fit the P4P800.
The same question at zalman's web board got this reply:

"Thanks for the interest in Zalman's product.

CNPS7000 fits ASUS P4C800 and P4P800 motherboards.

Regards,
Jinkook Kim/ZALMAN "

Quick follow-up...

I just received everything I ordered. The Zalman fits w/o issue. It doesn't go anywhere near any of the board components.

One thing that kinda bothers me is that after tightening the hs to the brackets, there's a ~1mm movement. It kinda slides around on top of the cpu. It's running fine now but is this going to be an issue?

-Bobby

is the Zalman 7k a really good heatsink (noise & performance) when compare to like....SLK900 with 92mm fan or mcx4000?? i'm in the market of some heatsink for the P4C800 & P4P800...:rolleyes:

Landshark,

I really can't compare any hs' other than the stock intel hsf. What I can say is that it's pretty damn nice and I like it.

I also can't give you comparisons because I got a new case, mobo, cpu so my old temps can't really compare but...

My old computer was running at 41°C idle, 49°C load in the same location with the side of the case off. Right now my computer is running at 30°C and I don't know the load temp yet. I'm still setting up the os and stuff.

It is really quiet. The hd and case fans are much louder.

From my limited time with the hsf, it's nice and seems to be working really well. I'm not o/c'ing anything but the video card now.

-Bobby

I had a Zalman 7000 heatsink/fan on my P4G8X w/ a 2.4b wk-52 SL6RZ @3.4ghz, it was very quiet but it couldn't handle the temp, loaded at 65C.

I replaced it w/ a SLK-900U plus a 5000rpm 80mm fan, everything else remains the same, loaded temp at 56C and it is noisy.

Ok, I'm o/c'd to 3.1ghz and folding. My temps get to about 40°C with a 75-80°F ambient room temp. I have 2 intake fans (80mm and 92mm) and 2 exhaust fans (80mm and 92) and then the power supply fan. I'm also running 2 optical drives and 4 hd's. It's a bit cramped but it stays cool.

-Bobby

Back