• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 and Zalman CNPS 7000 cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dust bunny

I'm probably going to get a P4P800 soon.
And I wanted to find out if the Zalman CNPS 7000 cooler fits the mobo.
There are quite a few capacitors next to the cpu socket. Not to mention the angled HS.
It doesn’t look like it would fit.

Thanks.

Db,

I just ordered a P4P800 and a Zalman cooler. I'll let you know next week if it fits :D

-Bobby

I just found a few threads that are saying the Zalman CNPS 7000 fits the P4P800 w/o any problems. I looked on Zalman's site and there's an article that shows the reasons for the 7000 not fitting on some motherboards and the P4P800 doesn't have this problem. Looking at a few pics of the P4P800 confirms this. The 7000 seem to sit fairly high on the mobo so it won't interfere with anything. Just make sure you have 1.7cm clearance from the edge of the mobo to the ps in the case.

-Bobby

gouda96,

I just got my P4P800, P4 2.4c, Twinmos PC3200 256mb (CH-5) and Zalman cooler today. I'm playing with it now and it's pretty damn fast :D

I got a 12880 in 3d Mark 2001se. I was getting ~7100 with my old mobo/cpu. And I'm still on bios 1005 and MAM off, no tweaking. 4150 mbp/s in Sandra, ~3400 mbp/s unbuffered.

Coming from a D845WN intel board, this thing rocks!

-Bobby

Someone know if the ZM80a on a graphic card fits on the p4p800? The chipset heatsink is really near the agp port. I could always cut down the heatsink of the chipset but i prefer keeping it intact...

Back