• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suggested dimensions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I am about to order the bar stock for a custo copper block, and know I need 2.5" x 3.25" for my P4 motherboard (the mounting holes define this). I need to know the sugested thinknes for the block, I am thiknig either .5" or .75" the top plate will be made from some .25" plexi that I have.

an o-ring might do it. do you forsee a problem?

if there is I can also just get a thin metal sheet to do the trick. the heat properties of the top plate dont really matter do they?

NOOOO..UMM..I don't think it would make much differnce but if u used a metal top it would make some, I just wanted to know where u got the plexi from...:cough:

Intrepid6546 said:
I am about to order the bar stock for a custo copper block, and know I need 2.5" x 3.25" for my P4 motherboard (the mounting holes define this). I need to know the sugested thinknes for the block, I am thiknig either .5" or .75" the top plate will be made from some .25" plexi that I have.

I think the thickness will depend more upon your design than on what other people are using. Some designs can get away with thin copper stock, while others require deeper channels.

oh that um... it was left over from when Marc (the spyder) put a window in my case. there was no thin stuff at home depot so we used the 1/4" stuff. i still have like a 20" x 6" section left over. tho it made my side window heavy, and eventauly i got thinner plexi and chrome edging.

Back