• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flowrate issue. Please advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhOdInI

I am planning on running a maze3 and a dd radeon 9800 wb (both 3/8ID) along with a United Pump GPH 0-140(the pump was purchased from blizzard) and its supposed to output 145GPH. is that flowrate enough for running 2 3/8ID block along with a 12 inch heatercore or should i upgrade my pump? if yes, any LOW budget pumps? ;)

thanks in advance

I would hope so, but I don't think so.

3/8 line + a "lower powered" pump I don't think would work well together. The video card would only compound the issue.

I've never heard of that pump, but if it really puts out 145 at the head, I don't see it working all that well, if long at all.

Someone else post that's not skeptical of it LoL!

Color me skeptical too ;) . I'm running a Hydor L-30 pump, rated
at 320 GPH, with 7/16" ID lines. I am using just a Maze-3 CPU
block. At my best GUESS, the L-30 is moving about 1.25 - 1.5
GPM thru this setup. Another SWAG is that adding a Vid-block
would cut that by 10-15%.

Ooooo Somebody just has to be different and run an odd size line ;) I bet that drives our few international readers wild LoL!

there go me savings again:(
cant i ever have some extra money lying around for a rainy day?:rolleyes:
Hydor-L30 then or an Eheim 1048/1250? I presume all three of them can take 3/8"ID by default?

I'm not sure about the other 2, but the ehiem 1250 has a 1/2 inlet and a 5/8 outlet. takes some adapting for 3/8 lines, but you can squeeze 1/2 inch line over the 5/8 outlet.

good luck,

J.

Even a Maxijet is set up for 1/2" outlet and 3/4" inlet. Anything with a little power is gonna be set up for 1/2".

(another thread going the way of the crapper!)

You really need to know the max head of the pump, before making that judgement. Pressure is more important than flow, when choosing a pump.

A 3 feet max head would be considered low, but given your setup, it would work.

You're otherwise correct in selecting 3/8 tubing, because you will gain no advantage with 1/2" tubing, at those kinds of flow rates: 3/8 tubing isn't a significant restriction (which is good!).

A few people picked up on the Johnson pump I found, for $30. It's a 12v pump which runs off the PSU, but it'll easily outperform any Eheim pump available. I haven't posted about it here yet, because I haven't tested it. You can find all the details in Procooling's forums. You'd be switching to 3/4 tubing though... ;)

My 1/2" ID tubing slips right over the Hydor L30. No Adapters. If the 3/8 will stretch it could work. But seems native 1/2"

i have narrowed my selections to either via 1300 / eheim 1048 / Hydor L30. I am leaning more towards the L30 tho, @ $50 its a sw33t deal

Back