• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 max2 v2 ----> IC7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Would it be worth it to change from a IT7 max2 v2 to a IC7-G ?
If I was to, I would be keeping everything I have the same specs.

Looks like you could change whithout any problem. Looks like you have two mem modules too...

Would it be worth the cost factor? or should I just keep using my current mainboard.
What memory speed and sisoft performance could I expect with my current cpu.
Will I have to get a 800fsb cpu to get full speed?, in that case I cannot afford it. Only have just enough $ for mainboard only.

You'll benefit from the dualchannel mode, even though memory will run slower, you'll get better mem score.
Remember that 1:1 is optimum, not worth running the memory faster, as with 845

crotale said:
You'll benefit from the dualchannel mode, even though memory will run slower, you'll get better mem score.
Remember that 1:1 is optimum, not worth running the memory faster, as with 845

thats not entirely true, maybe in amd boards but not P4 boards. yes 1:1 is optimum, but running it async in a p4 bord is definitely worth it if you want higher bandwitdh. personally since I dont have a dual channel board I dont know if it has 3:4 or 4:5, but if it does then the memory will be able to run at speeds you want, the only real benefit will be dual channel. I too am debating this since I have a it7max2v2 also. but unless I have a 200 fsb p4 to go with it, to me its not worth it. but I would also have to buy another stick of memory, If I was in yor shoes with 2 sticks I dont know what I would do, I would probably buy a is-7, lol

CrazyP said:

thats not entirely true, maybe in amd boards but not P4 boards. yes 1:1 is optimum, but running it async in a p4 bord is definitely worth it if you want higher bandwitdh. personally since I dont have a dual channel board I dont know if it has 3:4 or 4:5, but if it does then the memory will be able to run at speeds you want, the only real benefit will be dual channel. I too am debating this since I have a it7max2v2 also. but unless I have a 200 fsb p4 to go with it, to me its not worth it. but I would also have to buy another stick of memory, If I was in yor shoes with 2 sticks I dont know what I would do, I would probably buy a is-7, lol

There is no need for running the memory faster than the FSB
with the new P4 boards, the bandwidth is already maxed out.
Running it faster will only async it and lead to nothing...

I refer to:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00347/

Edit: This goes for the DC P4 boards out there. Older chipset + more mem speed = better performance.

Is there no 3:4 or 4:5 selector? If not it many be a waste of time, ok 1:1 on canterwood maybe better than what I have now but it not really getting up there.

crotale said:

There is no need for running the memory faster than the FSB
with the new P4 boards, the bandwidth is already maxed out.
Running it faster will only async it and lead to nothing...

I refer to:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00347/

Edit: This goes for the DC P4 boards out there. Older chipset + more mem speed = better performance.

i see now

Back