• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which fill and bleed kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
like a Tline and a reservoir?

ive made a pvc res and i find it easier then the tline i used to have.

there are also bay-res which are reservoirs that are the dimentions of a CD rom drive that go in one of the bays

all do the same thing, but it comes down to easiness of refilling/emptying

Who's fill and who;s bleeding kit?

Filling is just as easy as uncapping your T line or res and putting fluid in it. And any system provided it has a T line or res will bleed itself at some point.

Heh, actually filling is a B the first time when the entire thing is dry. ;) If you've never done it, I suggest filling it before it's mounted.

PLEASE Save yourself hassle and fill the radiator and water blocks before you put the first hose on it if you can LoL! That alone will help greatly.

If you fill before you final assemble it in it's place, just don't make the <DUH> mistake of tipping anything and letting air back into the main lines. ;)

BTW TO me, $20 is a lot for something that's only a more complicated version of a tupperware res, or a T line. If you have either, you're all set!

If you have room to me it makes the most sence to use a res and not a t-line. If you have extra cash there are plenty of places you can get cool ones at. I even kinda like one I can't find right now that is a clear tube running up the backside of your computer.

I'm going to be making one soon out of glass bottle of Jack if I have room.

take a look at this Water-cooling Reservoir Theory and Construction Guide put together here at overclockers...

Have fun and sorry if I made any bad comments in another thread.

Yes that front-page article about reservoirs should help you out decide if its either a RES or a T-line.

IMO a RES is easier to fill and no need to bleed the system, you will have to if you use a T-line.

Once you go to a RES you will never go back to a T-line ;)

ws6fire That would be awsome.

Personally here's a list of bottles I'd consider for mounting on TOP of the case with some type of LED drilled in the bottom.

Jack Daniels
WIld Turkey
Parrot Rum
Grand Marnier would be oh so awsome!
Crown Royal

The last three would be the most distinc. Especially the Grand Marnier and to a lesser extent the Parrot Rum.

Both T lines and res's work, they both have their own distinct advantages. If you can build, or pickup a small res for cheap. Just do that.

Hmm, The Grand Marnier bottle is cool, but it's a little dark to see the fluid level easly. But not a bad list you have there! Do you remamber or know of any small bottles that have a larger neck? (for easier filling)

If you ever try to drill into glass make sure you have a movie to watch while doing it. You have to be very slow... and sometimes it's easier to drill a small hole then follow it with a larger hole.

No, I've never seen a bottle that didn't have a tapered neck.
Remember any Liquor has to be able to be poured into a shot glass...

The GM bottle would still be the coolest...

You oughta saw off the front 1/2 of a Parrot bottle and the sticker out... Actually I dodn't remember if the neat sticker is on the back, or inside...

That would look cool refracting inside a JD bottle.

Back