• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to the motherboard finding business

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuneBlade

I bought i used motherboard who's bios had tried to be upgraded, this apparently caused some speed problems (AIM talkning 20 seconds to load for example).

So i'm trying to find a new mobo(with no luck) with the folowing:

533Mhz front side bus
ddr400 pc3200 (prefer not to have dual channel option) up to 2GB
hyperthreading support
Built in LAN and USB 2.0
RAID 0,1

Why dont you just go for the new canterwood motherboards? You can still run them in single channel mode. I think the canterwoods are the only chipset that currently "officially" support pc3200.

The older 845PE chipset fits your needs though. However it doesn't officially support pc3200 ram, but you can still run it since its backwards compatible.

I forgot to add that if you go with the canterwoods that you will be more future proof than the 845PE or below motherboards. The canterwoods hold 400/533/800 mhz.

Why not try to reflash your BIOS. You don't have anything to lose and much to gain.

Not sure why you would not want dual channel DDR (like the Abit IC7), that's the best way to go. Otherwise, look at the Abit BE7 or BH7.

I was under the impression that Dual channel DDR motherboards only took Daul channel DDR. I'm trying to spend as little money as possible and i already have a stick of pc3200.

Back