• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your water temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You did not say what room temp yielded those water temps. For my setup, now that it's central air conditioner season and my electronics room is in the basement, my water temperature when idling is 18C at a room temperature of 17C. Running Prime95 Torture, the water goes up to 20C with the room temperature still at 17C.

Hoot

anvil82 said:
How do you measure the water temp?

Do you have a probe in your reservoir or something?

I use a type K thermocouple connected to a Fluke meter. I run the thermocouple wire down the fill/burp Tee into the water stream coming from the radiator, going to the block.

Yes Vince, 3C... :D

Hoot

You realize that your 3C temp differential is meaningless without a flowrate comparison. Higher flow will yield lower coolant temp variations from idle to load. (ie. some other discussion here) the same amount of heat would be moving if either high or low flow but speed is the variable, faster moves the same amount of heat in lower increments measurable by way of a lower water temp.

Thanks guys.
Yes, the room temp is quite high actually (27) as I have my rig right under the roof. I'm using Innovatek water temp probe. Very neat and professionnaly made little probe with the great thread locking system of Innovatek.
Wow, 20 degrees sounds great. But I don't think my wife will be happy if I lower the room temp down to 17!!
I read somewhere that pumps (Eheim) might not like water above 35. Is it true?

room temp right now 28c, and it is cool for me :D, water temp -5C (thats the actual temp, not the differencs in the resavor in my frezzor) :) nothing like a 5 gallon jerry can for a res that you have mounted in a chest style 20 ^3f frezzer :D anti-frezze is my friend.

My water temp is usually about 25 C or so making my CPU temps usually around the high 90's-111 max (under load also) alot of it depends on my room temp though.

Back