• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase change systems cool your CPU, but what about vid card, chipset, HDD, ect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

Is there a way I can get a phase change system to cool other parts of my computer? I was just wandering since the CPU isn't the only thing that gets hot. I'd like to cool my HDD, chipset and my vid card with phase change as well. Is that possible?

I could see you why you would phase change cool your cpu and gpu but why your harddrive?As far as I know there are not any out of the box phase change systems built for more then 1 cpu cooling.

Re: Phase change systems cool your CPU, but what about vid card, chipset, HDD, ect?

soundfx4 said:
Is there a way I can get a phase change system to cool other parts of my computer? I was just wandering since the CPU isn't the only thing that gets hot. I'd like to cool my HDD, chipset and my vid card with phase change as well. Is that possible?

hi there,

first of are you new here, you have 4 starts so that means, no right?

"Is there a way I can get a phase change system to cool other parts of my computer?"

yes, you can design a phase change system like BOWMAN did,
link he cooled the cpu with a block with freon, gpu and northbright with water and tecs

"I was just wandering since the CPU isn't the only thing that gets hot."

true

"I'd like to cool my HDD, chipset and my vid card with phase change as well. Is that possible?

yes, but you must realize why we cool computers, well I cool then so I could make then run faster, cooling a hard drive won't make a difference because its not smart to overclock it:p ,also hard drives don't like cold, also cooling chip sets its most of the time just for show ;)

The most important thing we should focus is on the cpu and gpu and the rest is just for fun:)

xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx said:

No not neccesarily. NBee cooling has gotten almost neccesarry with higher FSBs and same with mosfets

well, remenber I stated "The most important thing we should focus is on the cpu and gpu and the rest is just for fun", if you use a phase change on either the gpu or cpu, I guarranty you will have nice overclocks;)

Cooling north bridge and mosfets are just for some people, and in many cases is just for show, if you don't do a vdd mod, there should not have a need for extra cooling, also mobos like 8rda which you can select 2.20 vcore, you don't need extra cooling because the board was design for it, while the cpu wasn't;)

Finally, if many people do need to cool the north bridge and mosfets, a change to a better heat sink will fix the issue, thats why I don't think this two parts are in the "MOST IMPORTANT THING" because cooling it its not an issue:)

I repeat, "The most important thing we should focus is on the cpu and gpu and the rest is just for fun" and while doing the fun parts you might be surprise yourselve and end up getting higher overclocks, but it CAN NOT BE GUARRANTY like the cpu and gpu:cool:

Re: Re: Phase change systems cool your CPU, but what about vid card, chipset, HDD, ect?

nunez1980 said:

hi there,

first of are you new here, you have 4 starts so that means, no right?

"Is there a way I can get a phase change system to cool other parts of my computer?"

yes, you can design a phase change system like BOWMAN did,
link he cooled the cpu with a block with freon, gpu and northbright with water and tecs

"I was just wandering since the CPU isn't the only thing that gets hot."

true

"I'd like to cool my HDD, chipset and my vid card with phase change as well. Is that possible?

yes, but you must realize why we cool computers, well I cool then so I could make then run faster, cooling a hard drive won't make a difference because its not smart to overclock it:p ,also hard drives don't like cold, also cooling chip sets its most of the time just for show ;)

The most important thing we should focus is on the cpu and gpu and the rest is just for fun:)

Yeah, I'm not new here. Been a member since feb 2001. And also, about the hard drives. No it doesn't help to cool down a HDD as far as performance, but the HDD radiates heat into the case, and keeping any source of heat as cool as possible is usually a good idea. But a standard HDD cooler would probably be good enough for that. As far as the chipset though, it gets hot when you overclock since it is the bus to everything. So that is why it should be kept nice and cool.

Back