• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Innovatek Items!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neospazzy

Hey Innovatek Fans!

For those who don't know yet, Sharka Corporation and High-Speed PC are now carrying the new Tank-O-Matic Plug-On units as well as the new Eheim 1046 Pump 12V DC that connects to your ATX Molex connector! Check out the pictures below!

pluglg.gif

pump12v-front-lg.gif
pump12v-back-lg.gif

I just picked up a set of each today from SharkaCorp. I will post pictures when I am done installing them in my case. Sheesh, they should've released the modded pump and this reservoir from the beginning!

No more cutting holes for the pump AC plug and no more bubbles in the reservoir during fillup! Also moving this unit into a new case later on should be a breeze! Cheers!

I guess it depends on how many drives and fans you are running. I got an Antec 550W TruePower so I don't really need to worry about it. I think a good PSU rated at least 400W should suffice for the pump.

Here are the pix

Here is the finished product! Installation with the new components made watercooling just that much easier.

innov1.jpg

innov2.jpg

innov3.jpg

I love this new setup. I get 52C idle and 60C load (via Winbond) on a P4 3.0GHz with an 800FBS non-oc'd. I was able to hit 3.3GHz, but I am going to wait until the new BIOS is released to take advantage of the low memory timings (2-6-2-2 vs. 2-6-3-3).

Can someone verify if the temps are too high, etc? Thanks a million!

Sincerely,
James Lee

52 idle and 60 full load?! Heh, yea, for a water cooling thats high. Im runnin a pair of SK-7's and barely break 50C.
A few variables though, whats your room temp at? if your rooms pretty hot, then your not going to get much cooler then that.
And what block and rad you using? Those might help drop those temps some.

*EDIT*
Oh yea, that does look pretty sweet though... gonna have to check that thing out some.

I can guess two reasons for the high temps, that pump isnt rated for very much flow, and the inovatech fittings are restrictive. Combining the two, you are seeing the results of a low flow system. The temps are within spec though, so if you are happy with the looks, sound level and not overclocking, don't sweat it.

peace.
unloaded

PS: I got some spiral wrap that I've sprayed with conformal coating. It glows a nice blue under UV. It would look nice on the pumps wires and anyplace else in there. Send me a PM with your addy and how much ya need, I'll send ya some.
gs5.jpg

My EVIL pally(which i broke and made my mom think she did so she would feel sorry and buy me a tb and did) would get up to 63c, I tried putting my friends 1800+ in and it read 40c, so i know it wasnt mobo error. It was EVIL i tell you!!!

Yeah those Innovatek fittings are restricting flow for sure.

That reservoir would been gr8 if it had 1/2 fittings :D

Hmm ... I have the Electric Flow-O-Matic and it reads about 3800 to 4000RPM in the BIOS. I previously used the same waterblock on an Athlon 2600+ oc'd to 2800+ speeds and the temps pretty much stayed in the 36C to 40C range.

I assume that the temp levels of the P4 3.0C chip must be pretty high. I also replaced with new tubing when I got the new pump and reservoir. I do wonder how much more difference it would make if I did have 1/2" fittings?

lol looks like the pump is a major loser, although I didn't expect much from a 79gph without any flow restrictions.

$85 for the pump is major ripoff.

Ouch neospazzy! That's way too high! Better check again your set up.
I got P4C 3.0Ghz at 3.3Ghz FSB880 and 100% Innovatek watercooling with Enheim1048. CPU temp is 30 idle, 37 full with room temp at 28!

The Abit IC7 boards have issues with correct temperature readings. I heard that as of right now, the temp reading is 10 or more degrees more than it should be. Hopefully a BIOS fix will alleviate that issue. I am sure some of you IC7 owner already knew that.

HighSpeedPC is selling the 12V pump for $59 plus shipping, which isn't that bad. $89 is a bit high, I agree, but guys like me ... we spend $2 on a $1 item we really want right then and there. I paid no shipping since SharkaCorp is literally just a few miles from here and the guys there are pretty cool.

Like I said before, I had the original AC powered Ehiem 1046 (also 79gal/hr) with the original black reservoir on the A7N8X board with a 2600+ oc'd to 2.3GHz and the temp idled at 36C while at load it was 40C. I upgraded the IC7 last week and had the old pump in there as well, the temp was still 52C idle and 60C load. I just installed the new pump and reservoir yesterday. By the way, the waterblock is the Innovacool 3.0.

My computer is really silent as of now and the system temp hovers around 38C which may contribute to a higher CPU temp. All my case fans, including the 120mm Vantec Stealth on top of my rad, spin less than 2000RPMs.

Last edited:
Back