• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antifreeze deposits...on tubes and barbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pokpok

i took my watercooling system apart today just to see check up on it. (2 month anneversary) i noticed that my tubing was clouded with some type of clear film. i used a pipe cleaner to clean it out and it became a bit more clearer. i then examined my waterblock to see if it was leaking. to my surprise they have a blue tint and i have no clue why (ill try to take a pic). these are nylonbarbs btw.

now im thinking that this is from the antifreeze both deposits on tubing and blue tint on barbs. now i want to prevent these deposits. would i have to move to something else?

i used a 25:75 (coolant:water) . is this much concentration really needed for a copper and brass cooling system? could i just run distilled (w/out any water wetter or anything else). now i was thinking of using windshield wiper fluid, but i read somewhere that it isnt as good as using water wetter

Back