• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie to Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerblue31

Registered
Newbie to Watercooling...Please Help

I've just bought the waterchill kt03 cooling kit.

My question is i have to buy the vga and northbridge blocks seperately.
Will the pump and reservoir for this kit be ok to power the cpu, vga and northbridge blocks all at once.
Many thanks in advance.

The kit consists of:

- WaterChill CPU Cooler supporting Intel P4 S478, AMD socket A and Hammer (Requires 4 holes in motherboard)
- Black WaterChill Radiator with 400W removal capacity
- 120 mm Low Noise Sunon Fan
- 700 l/hr Hydor Pump with push on fittings
- WaterChill Control Unit with SafeStart, NoiseControl and LED connection
- WaterChill Plexiglas Reservoir
- WaterChill Tube Set
- ALL fittings and mounting accessories are included
- Anti Algae Fluid - 25 ml bottle
- Heat Conduction Compound - 2 ml tube
- WaterChill Manual

Last edited:
I doubt it. Sounds like it's the small Hydor. I mean, I'm sure it's possible, but you'd probably be sacrificing performance.

Hey m8 more UK Waterfr3aKs :D

Well the Hydor Pump is small and has a decent performance.
If you want to run a GPU block with your current setup I'd say go for an Eheim1250.
Cooling the NB is ok but personally I prefer adding one of these
( http://vantecusa.com/iceberq_copper.html )
Excellent performance.

But if you want to watercool the NB go for it, the dangerden chipset block is good and performs well.
Just invest in a better pump :)

Cheers for responses.
So basically i need a better pump, no extra reservoirs or radiators.
If im cooling 3 seperate components.
Sorry for being a pain, just want to make sure i get the right gear.

Cheers

aqon04 said:
Cheers for responses.
So basically i need a better pump, no extra reservoirs or radiators.
If im cooling 3 seperate components.
Sorry for being a pain, just want to make sure i get the right gear.

Cheers

Your not being a pain. They just push your basket around until the most expensive items are in your cart. j/k

Last edited:
Hey, iNSiGMA is right... On second thought, you DO need a bigger Rad. How about a Black ICE extreme 2.... Oh a Res? Maybe a D-tek bay res? Oh... I think the hoses in that system are too small, so you'll have to use 1/2" ID tygon and replace any component that doesn't use those fittings.

I hope everyone knows I'm just kidding.

If he wanted to save money, he wouldn't be cooling EVERY component in his system. He also spent some pretty good money on that system. What I truely reccomend is using the system as is for a while and see if you even NEED to cool other components.

It should be able to handle any reasonable CPU load you throw at it...

But if you want any more than that, you'll want the throw that radiator away to the spare parts drawer and pickup something a-la heater core matrix style.

Reservoir have nothing to do with cooling.

You could always step the pump size up... You may need to once you cool the entire thing, but you might as well wait and see how it dose...

Since you all ready bought it not much you can do now ;) It should do fine though on just a CPU. We'll all wait and see when you cool the GPU...

Back