• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much are temps actually off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bashful69143

Have a brand new ic7-g, with a 2.8c overclocked to 3.06 and my temps at idle using speedfan are 121F, was just wondering how much this could be off the actual temperature, and should i worry?

Using a Thermaltake Spark 7, and the heatsink and fan, and also have as3,

Nobody actually knows and it seems to vary with individual mobos. It seems to be anywhere from a few degrees to 10 degrees to as much as maybe 15 degrees in rare circumstances.

batboy said:
Nobody actually knows and it seems to vary with individual mobos. It seems to be anywhere from a few degrees to 10 degrees to as much as maybe 15 degrees in rare circumstances.

BB,
How do you check this..... I have mine loaded at 58 Celcius using IT7Max2..... and I don't know how much does it off by??? Is there any other software/program to tell you this
thanks

I'm doing a temperature poll over at Abit forums if anyone is interested. Trying to collect some data to see what is 'normal' temps for Abit Intel boards. The point is we can atempt to collect some data for Abit to look at and also for users to see what they should expect. And people that are running way to hot will be able to see where they should be and take some action.

Man the temp on this board sucks! I'm running a water system with the fan on high and my idle temp is 44c and it never goes below it. It fluctuates to around 49-50c if i leave idle at 44c. I hope they can fix this with a bios update.

I found my temps to be around 8-10C off. My voltages are more of a concern though. 0.05v off across the board.

Am I the only one with whacked volteges and temps?

for example, if the max real temp for P4 CPU is 70 and the temp that the board reading is 70. You runs at this temp. Would you harm the CPU ??? since the board knows it is max already but in real, it is not.

what speaker does the high temp alarm on the motherboard use to notify you?

i'm with Ed on this one. "To hell with probes and sensors, just touch the damn heatsink while it's in operation." :D

quote taken from here.

maxwedge said:
I'm doing a temperature poll over at Abit forums if anyone is interested.
I posted my temps in your thread at Abit. New IS7-E indicates 50c from cold boot and up to 87c under load...unacceptable! It seems to run fine, loops various benchmarks for hours, but the false temps really chap my ***. :(

well it seems noone cares enough to do the only thing that will force them to fix it, and thats to NOT buy their boards...

but (me included) we all seem to like this the best for O/C, so they are making money, and happy

RedSkull said:
well it seems noone cares enough to do the only thing that will force them to fix it, and thats to NOT buy their boards...

but (me included) we all seem to like this the best for O/C, so they are making money, and happy

Exactly right.
But sometimes little small things little this are bugging us. But I have to admitted that Abit is the greatest board to overclock.

My temps are whacked too, ic7 default vcore on default intel HSF

idle temps are 55C
and full load temps are at 70C:eek:

So i guess my board are reading temps way too high than normal.

my cpu hits aroudn 60c accorindg to my mobo - but i can touch the heat sink with my hands and it is not hot to touch, it is warm, but not hot!

scanido said:
I found my temps to be around 8-10C off. My voltages are more of a concern though. 0.05v off across the board.

Am I the only one with whacked volteges and temps?

Nope ...... same here ! :(

My voltages are begining to worry me .
Now I get a "hardware failure" through my AGP slot every now and then . My 9700 Pro is not OC'ed and ran perfect in my IT7 . Seems others at the Abit forums are reporting this too .

Iam getting very close to doing a 2cd RMA !!!

stereo555

Last edited:
My temp are like everyone elses ic7 2.4 overclocked to 3.3 with 1100fsb 40.5c idle 56.5c using prime 95.My heatsink is warm at this temp. but not even close to being hot.Does anyone know how hot the cpu can get before it fails.

Back