• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7+XP install issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

Just tossed this guy together and during format (76%) I get an error saying that it cant install regedit... it asked to skip the file or if I want to exit... I decided to reboot and try again, ill let you know what happens. Anyone EVER have this problem?

More errors im dealing with... my ram timings are set at default "spd" but they seem strange...
could this cause problems???

BTW... this is my first intel setup so help is needed. I also noticed a divider for my RAM which I had at default 1:1 I think. I changed this to 5:4...

Vedder323 said:
BTW... this is my first intel setup so help is needed. I also noticed a divider for my RAM which I had at default 1:1 I think. I changed this to 5:4...

Ive ALWAYS found it is BETTER to install XP while "NOT OVERCLOCKED" .

I have problems with the install sometimes if I do .

Try the install of XP at default hardware settings .

My .02

stereo555

Vedder323 said:
Im using pc3200 TwinMOS... do I need to increase my voltage?

I would , yes .

From what I've read , TwinMOS needs more voltage to run compared to other mem .

Im getting ****ed off... I finally got xp to load and its asking me for a password to sign in??? WTF???

OMG, this is ****ing me off!!! I finally have xp loaded but its asking for a god damn password to sign in? WTF is this? I have NEVER had so many problems! Help please!

OMG, this is ****ing me off!!! I finally have xp loaded but its asking for a god damn password to sign in? WTF is this? I have NEVER had so many problems! Help please!

if it ever ask for password & in between the installation u neva provide any password, just leave it blank & enter. ;)

Back