• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bix VS dtek pro core...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

I have been looking around for a new case for quite a while after tearing apart my chieftec to find a optimal placement for my dtek pro core. Im starting to wonder if i should have got the Black ice Xtreme instead.

First off, im using 1/2inch tubing, and tc4 rev2, dtek pro core, eheim1250, and 1 120mmfan w/dtek shroud pulling air. Everything is not in a case, its on my desk. Including the mobo/everything else. The ONLY thing i plan on watercooling or want to watercool is the cpu. I want a quiet system very badly.

First question is, if i dont use a shroud, will it really make a big difference? I mean, the higher i plan on running my cpu voltage is 1.95 vcore on a tbred b using an abit nf7s rev2. Currently with my ghetto setup and *** flowrate because of the way i did it. Im running 1.85 vcore, on the bred b, and getting 33c idle, 37c full load temps. This is ondie from my a7n8x deluxe and mbm, not the asus probe of lies!

Anyway i want this case http://www.directron.com/mg.html, and i plan on using a nexusnxp-210 for the 80mm fans. I dont see how i can fit my setup in this case. I want to keep the HD bay in front of the lower 80mms in tact. I was thinking if i get a BiX and cut the top blow hole for 120mm, and put my current 120mm blowing out... well what kind of performance should i expect? I want to be able to run 1.95 and stay at 40c or less full load. Ive done it before with my current setup. Maybe instead of the my 1 120mm i can do two, one pulling one pushing? OR should i just not use a shroud and try and mount my heatercore in the top blow hole? Or get a different case?

I was almost ready to buy a fs020, i saw newegg jack up the price 10 dollars -_- But thisw case is much nicer looking, and its aluminum, Plus MOBO TRAY!!! :D :D Anyway... please give me advice :| Also where should i stick the damn eheim 1250 ? stupid big pump and big radiator always screwin me...

EDIT:: also does it matter what barb i use for inlet/outlet on my tc4? :|

I have what you have and it all fits in the same case. Trying looking at this thread. at one time I had the core turned 90 degrees to what you see in my latest setup. I am getting reading to build a new system in a new Chieftec case which is the same as the Antec. CLICK

The TC-4 barb placement does not matter. I did not read your entire post before I jump to writing a reply. Not sure what case your looking at at Directron. Is this the case? If it is I think only the skin is aluminum and the inside is steel, notice the two different shades of color inside and the outside. In order for you to place the core in the bottom would require removing the cages, but leave the top two 3.5 cages. This is the same case another N00B is placing a Dtek core into the bottom front.

xcaseinside1

Last edited:
Back