• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am finally going to take the plunge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Just a few questions though.

Here is what i plan to get

1987 chevette heater core

Hydor Pump from Dtek (unless you guys have a better recommendation, i plan on only cooling the CPU)

2 92mm fans for push pull

Tupperware for my shroud

Tubing

water block - this is where I am unsure what I need. My mobo lacks the 4 mounting holes, can you recommend a decent water block using the pressure clamps for the AMD athlon socket?

Any other suggestions appreciated.

I am pretty sure I will be mounting my rad on top of the computer. I currently have two 80 mm exaust fans blowing out the top of the comp. I was thinking about putting the rad over these and then placing another 92mm fan on top to pull the air the rest of the way.

Thanks!

I've got a Maze3 that uses the socket tabs. Look for the Maze3SHD at www.dangerden.com .

I thought about the swiftech block, but the Maze attachments allow for greater flow.

No need for that 120mm fans...

He'll have more than enough flow from the 80's and he's allready use to the noise so what's the point in adding more?

My only concern would be dead spots due to not holding the 80's far enough off the heatercore.

It's not that big of a deal... Just another preformance thing...
If all you wat is it to handle the CPU, it's not that big of a deal.

In any event he can always add that shround and 92mm and come out fine!

Back