• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge ASUS P4P800+Radeon 9700 Pro Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alphy

Registered
Currently Im experiencing some weird problems with my comp that I just assembled yesterday and was wondering if anyone can help me. Right now Im using an ASUS P4P800 (Non Deluxe), P4 2.8C, and a Radeon 9700 Pro that I just purchased today. When I first attempted to use the card I uninstalled my Ti4200 drivers, restarted, installed the Cat's and came up with a blank screen. Thinking that maybe my since might just not like the drivers I reformated and attempted to install the Cat's again. No go. I tried the Cat 3.0's, 3.2's and the 3.4's to no avail. I noticed that in my motherboard manual late last night however that in order for it (the motherboard) to work at "optimal performance" cards with Revision -30 should be used. I noticed however that Im using -10 which is slightly disappointing consider that I just bought the card, wonder why the didnt use the new revision, heh. Anyways Ive attempted a couple things since then such as update the Bios 1007.005 (Rls date of 5/30). I was wondering though, would flashing my Radeon 9700 bios work or what options do I have. Is RMA the only way to fix this?

I had to RMA my 9700 Pro for a 3.0 version.

I didnt need to cuz my 1.0 version was just fine but I knew that some day I'd be selling my card and I wanted the newer one when that time would come.

some of the 1.0 versions had different problems when running in 8X AGP mode.

thats probably why Asus is recommending the 3.0 version which has been cleared of those porblems.

I am using a 9700P version 10 with a P4P800d and do not have a problem. I updated to bios 1006 for my delux before installing the os (it fixes some agp problems).
Did you install all the win-xp / directx9a updates and the intel chipset drivers from the cd before installing the Catalyst 3.4 drivers?

Back