• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yep.. Another Newbie asking about watercooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chiyau

hello all

i will be buying a Danger Den setup sometime next week comprising:

Danger Den Maze 3 SHD
DangerDen Z-Chipset Block
Eheim 1250 Pump
ClearFlex 60 - 10 FT
BayRes
BIX rad
plus barbs and hoseclamps etc..

I want to add a GF4 water Block but worried that it will increase the overall temps, so i was wondering can the BIX rad can handle it and what kind of temp increase will i get if i add a gf4 block as well.

btw.. i would want to get the white water wb when it is availble (on waiting list in U.S webbie), but my new mobo (Gigabyte - GA-7NNXP) does not have the 4 mounting holes and was wonder is there a way to mount it on there, like using the DD's SHD thingy??

and finally...

What's the best way to measure the water temps?? i was planning to get an Hose T Connector and attach it between the rad and cpu wb and put a thermo probe in the T connector and seal it up with some cement or something, is that a good, cool or bad idea?

Thanks..

The weakest point I can see is the radiator: you are better off with a heatercore and adding barbs yourself (saves money too;)).
But even with the bix it looks ok.
Make sure your tubing sizes match up.......(I didn't check the component specs)

As far as adding a gpu bloc- see my comment on heatercores above ;) but I haven't watercooled a gpu myself so I am not 100% on that. Shouldn't be too bad though.

someone suggested that running a 3 blocks (cpu, nb, gpu) will cause a lot of resistance and should use a Y piece after the cpu and run the nb and gpu parallel. would that help?

Just my thoughts, but if you're going to get a kit then change the wb fairly soon isn't that a waste of money? or do you want a spare block? To save money better to buy seperatel and get exactly what you want.
a bigger rad is definately the way to go for better cooling. i've not added a gpu block either but i've read seriel is easiest.
Since you're getting the WW you could go parrel straight off wb as it has two outlets so one to the gpu and the other northbridge. i have no idea how it'll work out but i was thinking about it the other day.
hope this helps
later.

thanx for the advice found404, i'm gonna ebay my danger den if/when i get the WW but like i said my mobo does not have the 4 mountinng holes. i'm gonna look at my mobo tomorrow and see if i drill the 4 holes through the mobo.

i was thinking of a dual rad bix2 or thermochill 120.2 but i don't want to mount it on the top of the case, but i think a single rad will handle the cpu and nb. as i don't overclock my for the gfx i'm gonna get either the zalman ZM80A-HP or the new thermaltake giant II.

btw.. the new danger den 4 wb looks kinda cool and should be much better than the DD3.

nice to see a brit in a foreign forum :)

Dual rad is a waste of space, just get a better rad to begin with.

Also take the NB ou of the loop. Let's run it down.

1) It's cool! - Only to people that don't know it's not needed and hurts everything else
2) It's cool! - Well yah, it will run cooler, but it still aint gonna get you anything but -$30 + shipping

Just leave off the NB cooling LoL!

chiyau said:
thanx for the advice found404, i'm gonna ebay my danger den if/when i get the WW but like i said my mobo does not have the 4 mountinng holes. i'm gonna look at my mobo tomorrow and see if i drill the 4 holes through the mobo.

:eh?: Good luck with that eh. You do realise that these boards are made in layers... just because there are no traces visible on the surface doesn't mean you can put the holes in it yourself.

Back