• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant fit it inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Ok, this has been bothering me for a while, but i cant fit my watercooler inside my case. I screwed the res to the top, and rubber banded the ras, ans the pump has suctions, and it was fine upside down, but, realy, its butt ugly. Tubes going everywhere, and case stuck open.

I have a midtower with 4 5 1/2 bays and no 3 1/2, as i took em out. I have very little room without the watercoolr in the picture, becuase its a 4 bay case that is the size of most 3's. With rad inside the pump had no place, and with pump in no for rad. Not to mention that the res doesnt fit. I have a cube rad thats about 5/5/5, and a via aqua 1300, and a res almost exactly same size as rad. No room, any ideas? Any cheap BIG cases that look decent?

I was thinking ~50$ area, or i wont be able to get my 2500barton/nf7/80gig hard drive combo on the 7th.

I have a steel version of the case altec linked to: pretty roomy and sturdy (at least in steel)

My personal favorite is to use old server cases- Compaq in particular made some fantastic, solid, ROOMY cases!

And they are often to be found for extremely low prices.

They do take a lot more work to get a system into as they are mostly AT cases, at least the ones I come across.

But the Chieftec/Antec/Chenming cases are pretty common for a reason: good cases for good prices.

I just bought this same case that Altec placed a link. I got the aluminum case with window and three fans included for $69.00 on Ebay. The guy has plenty in different colors. It's NEW.

CLICK

DodgeViper said:
I just bought this same case that Altec placed a link. I got the aluminum case with window and three fans included for $69.00 on Ebay. The guy has plenty in different colors. It's NEW.

CLICK

Hey DV you gonna do a side to side with your radiator in that case? Like your other case?

Now what about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3417615064&category=3669

You guys think this would be a good deal, Yes I am good with a dremel to fit the mobo in there. I'd even cut out the slots if they didn't line up right. Plenty of room for pumps and radiators. The AT psu will run the fans and any lights no problem and I could move it up higher and mount the ATX in it's place. Hmm...... Vintage look is kinda cool too...

Yepper, thats the only way to place the core in the case. Air in one side and out the other side. Cleaning the core is simple and no more blowing the dust back into the case.

My current steel version of the same case is a PIG. It's heavy and this aluminum version is very lite. I will need to build an offset shroud in order to place the fan within the window, but hey I think I can manage to make the shroud....

I love Alu cases. Hard to belive we used something so different for all these many years.

My Lian-Li was my first experiance with them. Got to college and a friend had one of those "new" at the time <insert prefix>Tek cases that go so popular. I never cared for the styling or function, but to each his own...

Those things weigh a freaking metric ton! My assembled case once I got into watercooling was still lighter than his case EMPTY.

That's blanked absurd...

Of cource I went home and dug out the P90 from the basemen for dad and had to lug it up two flights of stairs... Man... That thing is like a brick too...

I mean really... When a case intrudes into 1973 Lincoln Mark IV Size to Wieght proportions, you know you have a seriously blanked up design...

Ok, i have measurements now, my radiator wasnt 5/5/5(didnt even look at it when i guessed) its 7 1/2 wide, 5 inches tall, and 6 inches long wth fan. Is rather large. Res is 4 1/2 tall by4 iches wide and long. Any cases they would fit?

Keep the good server case prices coming! You know any more good deals on Cubes or Full Towers? I am looking for a good water rig.

I think im actualy going to get the large tan 6 bay case, as the black wont be large enuf. I was looking as it and i will have mobo/rad fitting probs. Any cheap 6 5-1/2 bay cases?

Back