• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TINY TINY, i NEED SUM HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soccerstar

HI I am interested in cooling my PC with water, but i need the system to be extremely small. the radiator has to be tiny less than 1.75" on any part and that goes for all of the parts required, can u help me out and tell me if you offer any to these specifications? OR maybe tell me where i may be able to obtain one. This would help me out a lot.

-Ryan

its going into a small area, i need it to be water cooled, the case has to be quiet and cool that is why i need this. What was the thing that you said ,a thermalright? What is that

THanks

Radiator size is pretty important and one that small is not likely to do very well. If you can't get even a second-rate radiator of a decent size in the system you are better off with air cooling.

About the smallest radiators I have seen do well work best with an 80mm fan on both sides which makes them about 4 inches thick or the old Swiftech rad that works ok with two 120mm fans on one side- and that one is only about 2 inches thick with fans but about 10 inches long.

Smallest worthwhile radiators I know of.

Thanks, see what i am trying to do is get a fan and a heatsink that will cool an AMD 3000+ but only be 1.75" tall. I have to have this becasue of where the CPU is, i made the case. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

i built the case myself and the stock cooling is too big. I hope that helps clear a lil up

He needs a miracle if he's going to get all that he wants in that amount of space:D

hmm im intrested in seeing a picture of this case you made, if its possiable. and have you thought of cutting a hole in the case rite above where the cpu is? also you may want to concider a heat pipe or something along those lines like what they use in those spiffy shuttle boxes, meaning if you can figure out how to do it, get the heat pipe so that you can attach a nice fan (say 120mm which would get good airflow and be quiet) to it where theres a bit more room.. however the heat pipe cant be too long otherwise it wont cool porperly...i donno if that idea would work thou, ive never tried it myself...

You're going to ahve to go air, or cut holes in the case and mount the rad and pump and such in another box or hang it out of the case...

No point in looking at all you wont find one.

And like rogerdugans was getting at. If you ever get one like that (custom made) it won't stand a chance at cooling the load you place on it and you're stuck with wasted time, effort and money.

Then you'll *have* to go aircooling. LoL!

soccerstar said:
Thanks, see what i am trying to do is get a fan and a heatsink that will cool an AMD 3000+ but only be 1.75" tall. I have to have this becasue of where the CPU is, i made the case. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Ok so the cpu clearance is a max of 1.75 inches- that makes things much more clear ;)

If you have room for a decent size radiator and a water pump then you can still water cool after all!

I built a portable pc into a briefcase with the same issue: very little cpu clearance:
I used a Koolance 200g waterblock. It only rises about 1 inch over the top of the cpu. It is far from the best performer around, but it does not do too badly either.

With a decent water pump and radiator it might work for you too.

As another idea- many blocks themselves do not sit far off the cpu- it is the barbs and tubing that cause the problem in tight spaces. Putting 90 degree elbows coming off the cpu might work too.....

Thanks Everyone, THe sound isnt quite the biggest issues, it is the cooling factor, i can modify to keep sound down, but i really like all of your ideas they are really helpin and givin me sum good insight. Please keep them coming, ans the 1U fan looks good, but is it available yet? and whats the price i cant seem to find any of these answers. Thank you

Peace,
Ryan

Back