• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twenty6

Just installed my new rig and notice that the STAND BY button is not an option anymore. I can click on SHUT DOWN and RESTART but not STAND BY. I'm doubt that it's the OS so I posted here. Plus my Ti4200 cannot log into windows after installing the driver.

In the BIOS do have S1 or S3 enabled under Power Management?

I had the same problem and reinstalled the OS with either of the options enabled and it works now.

Well, thanks for the input. I didnt wanna mess with it anymore. I just send it back earlier. If I'm not mistaken the S1 was enabled. But anyway, just bought a cheap VGA card while I wait for my new card. Guess what, with this cheap card the boot screen looks perfect :)

also, I just noticed that there are no driver installed for the USB controller. Tried installing the driver but couldnt. Tried the cd that came with it and win xp but no luck. I'm thinking this is the USB 2.0? For usb2.0, does the driver comes with the hardware?
fc031265.jpg

Last edited:
twenty6 said:
also, I just noticed that there are no driver installed for the USB controller. Tried installing the driver but couldnt. Tried the cd that came with it and win xp but no luck. I'm thinking this is the USB 2.0? For usb2.0, does the driver comes with the hardware?
fc031265.jpg

Right click on "menace' from Device manager -> 'Search for hardware changes'

This assumes you already installed the INF drivers.

Install INF like twice, same thing. Did what you told me, same thing. I tried pluging my mp3 player in all the USB port on my computer and all of them work. I didnt try USB 2.0 cuz' I dont have any hardware that is USB 2.0

I'm assuming something is not right?

Yes... I too had that same problem... Installed SP1 and then just let windows find the driver from the USB controller and all is well now...

Back